RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Need some new wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

radders1

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Need some new wheels

I have just been told that my 22inch wheels have been repaired quite a few times and there is another crack in one of the rears. Sad I need to buy some new wheels and tyres but I want to go down to 20's to hopefully help stop this from happening again and give a more comfortable ride but I am really struggling to find any that I like. Can anyone suggest any options please? Thud

Post #511611 Mon Dec 05 2016 9:51pm
mnk

United Kingdom 

I have a set of supercharged 20" alloys, two wheels with very good tyres and other two need replacing. All four wheels could do with a refurb but not that bad if left for another year or two.

Post #511622 Tue Dec 06 2016 12:00am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Call into your local LR dealership and ask them what wheels they have that they have taken off customer's cars and the dealership has been left with. Often the dealerships have a container filling up with them, ready to sell to a scrappy....... often the wheels and tyres have never seen a road other than for the trip onto the transporter at Gaydon and off it at the dealership. There are unscrupulous dealers out there who will ask full list price for them as if they were dealer fit accessory wheels/ tyres but you can always haggle. If the dealers don't scrap these unused wheels then they sell them on auction websites. I have bought a couple of sets of wheels and tyres this way from both Farnells in Leeds and Dan@Duckworths, the forum accessories and parts sponsor. You will only get what comes as standard OEM but at least you know that they are up to the job and won't crack. I have a set of 4 unused SVR 21" wheels and tyres bought from Dan for a bargain price they were unused and the price included shipping to Scotland. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #511629 Tue Dec 06 2016 10:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tvrprowler

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I have a set of 4 Genuine 20" Autobiography wheels with Pirelli Scorpion tyres fitted with ~ 4mm of tread, wheels in good condition with some light kerbing to one of them.
Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
Darren

Post #511637 Tue Dec 06 2016 12:46pm
radders1

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

mnk wrote:
I have a set of supercharged 20" alloys, two wheels with very good tyres and other two need replacing. All four wheels could do with a refurb but not that bad if left for another year or two.

How much would you want for them and where are you located please?

Post #511642 Tue Dec 06 2016 1:05pm
Tvrprowler

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I'm near Gainsborough, Lincs. Open to sensible offers!

Post #511647 Tue Dec 06 2016 1:24pm
CRACKA

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Agree with TIM .I got a set of RRS 2015/16 20" rims and Pirelli All weather tyres from a dealer which the customer had swapped out at 1000klm service. A bargain. See other thread re 19" vogue wheels fitting RRS for photos. 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

1952 Rover 75 (Cyclops) First Car !!! Fond memories -was restored-good for 93mph.

Post #511676 Tue Dec 06 2016 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1