RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Marshall Land Rover (was Ridgeway) Oxford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey
Marshall Land Rover (was Ridgeway) Oxford

I had a problem with the steering wheel controls on my 2012 Sport so I thought I would book it in for repair with a main dealer under the Approved Warranty. I choose Marshall Oxford which is actually on a retail park just off the A34 south of Oxford. Booking in was ok on the phone, sadly no collection service or loan car for 3-4 weeks, so I chose to drop the car off.
You drive up to a large garage with electric doors which open automatically, park up and then find your way into the new Cathedral style dealership. All the staff are hidden behind acres of glass so not easily approachable or obvious what you should do if you come in via the garage. Eventually I met a very nice service advisor who went through the booking with me. I then had a look around all the shiny new Jaguars which are specifically positioned right next to the service area to encourage browsing. They all look great and seem to be good value compared to the Land Rovers next to them.

The car was worked on the next day and I returned to collect it. It turned out to be a simple case of the steering wheel control cable not being connected correctly, this was done and it now works perfectly (I wonder if it was ever connected correctly because it has always been faulty since I bought the car in April).

Obviously it wasn't a warranty claim because no parts had broken or needed replacing, but there was NO charge for this work, so a big Thumbs Up for Marshall.

These new style dealerships are very imposing but somehow lack atmosphere and I imagine they are going to have to charge an awful lot for repairs and servicing just to cover the cost!

You can watch a time lapse video of the new build of the showrooms here -

Post #510491 Mon Nov 21 2016 5:08pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Although they call themselves "Oxford", it's actually Didcot!

If they're the same people as Ridgeway but under a new name, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. They messed up so much work on my RRS in their previous incarnation. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #510494 Mon Nov 21 2016 5:33pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

RRSTDV8 this will make you laugh, Marshall did a tow bar recall whilst the car was in and guess what - I have just noticed that the bumper cover had not been put back on properly and neither had the red tow bar receiver plug. Both of these items could have dropped off to be lost for ever !! Rolling Eyes

Post #510733 Fri Nov 25 2016 9:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1