Home > Off Topic > Nicola Sturgeon to appeal against England vs Scotland result
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
Nicola Sturgeon to appeal against England vs Scotland result

Quote:
Nicola Sturgeon believes the result of the England vs Scotland game yesterday was ‘wrong’ and will fight for it to be overturned.

The 3-0 defeat was the wrong result for Scotland, she said, and pledged to do everything in her power to reverse the scoreline no matter how long it takes.

http://newsthump.com/2016/11/12/nicola-stu...and-match/

Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #509945 Sun Nov 13 2016 11:26am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Our "Queen Nikla" is a true Democrat!!! 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #509955 Sun Nov 13 2016 1:37pm

United Kingdom 

As an Englishman living in Scotland I had better not say too much but I can't stop laughing - its so near the truth! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #509962 Sun Nov 13 2016 2:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Nice one, I always wonder how her concept of leaving EU is so bad but leaving UK is so good works.

Post #509969 Sun Nov 13 2016 3:52pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

She's certainly appears confused. She wants to leave to UK because she hates a 'London' based government. However she'd rather stay in EU and be run from a Brussels and largely non-elected crowd.

It is interesting to wonder how 5m Scots would fund a worldwide set of embassies, contribute to NATO et. etc. as a go it alone independent nation.

Post #510049 Mon Nov 14 2016 5:14pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

drdelrrs wrote:
It is interesting to wonder how 5m Scots would fund a worldwide set of embassies, contribute to NATO et. etc. as a go it alone independent nation..

Firstly I'd like to clarify that I do not support the SNP...but it does irk me somewhat that many people do not understand that we already do partially fund a worldwide set of embassies, contribute to NATO etc., as do the Welsh, N Irish etc. in the fact that we are currently part of a Union - it is NOT English embassies - it is BRITISH embassies.

Nicola is somewhat embarrassing most of us Scots, but the above quote is just a snippet of the underlying problem, in that many English fail to understand that Scotland contributes, and contributes very well, but due to population numbers is very under represented in Government. Obviously English MP's look out for their own interests (as would be expected) so Scotland basically has a worthless representation.

I've worked in countries with British Expats from Brazil to China, and many places in between (currently Middle East, where I am right now) so have worked with many English (and other British - mostly great guys), and there is a common misunderstanding on the whole independence issue. Unfortunately the media distorts everything to their advantage, and the unknowing population swallows it hook, line and sinker...

P.s. I hate political discussions, but this one does get to me.

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Last edited by insiorc on Mon Nov 14 2016 6:55pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #510050 Mon Nov 14 2016 5:50pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Whichever side of the Nicola fence you may be on, it is a bit of a concern that she is setting herself up for this sort of ridicule in the media (with their own agendas) and the public are told what to think by the media. Regretfully it is for Nicola to find a way through the mire. Whether you like her or not it is important to have a healthy debate on issues to keep those in power on their toes. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #510066 Mon Nov 14 2016 6:55pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

But the media should show facts, not fiction.

Take the recent American elections, made Trump out to be a racist and every other bad type of person when he is in fact married to an immigrant! He was playing the political game telling the audience what they wanted to hear just to get votes, then the media twists it all and the gullible worldwide audience bought it. The media are terrified of him as the other politicians are under the media control, but Trump probably isn't.

Same with British politics...if a politician doesn't conform then anything is twisted to suit the media agenda, then the population actually believes it. At the moment the media are playing with Nicola, and I find a lot of it funny but certainly don't believe it. It amazed me when I started watching media from outside the UK, just how bad the UK media actually is, especially the BBC..the supposed worldwide standard in media. It embarrasses me to hear the proud Brits who are a bygone power, just a tiny blob in the ocean still thinking they are a world power...other countries are laughing at us, but the media still plays it this way so the population believes it!

Lets face it, most British voters vote according to the promises/price of fags, booze and petrol...not exactly educated votes now is it? 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #510067 Mon Nov 14 2016 7:06pm
Blueskye1

Wales 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

It will be interesting to see if her views change now with Trump becoming US President Question

My first RRS HSE Purchased June 2016
Java Black 2.7
Date of first registration 22 February 2008
Cousin of the King of Stamford Bridge R.I.P. Ossie

Post #510070 Mon Nov 14 2016 7:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well one of the Highland newspapers had the proud headline "Scot's businessman elected US President" last Wednesday! Trump owns 2 world class golfing facilities in Scotland and is proud to be the offspring of a Scottish mother (I bet the Irish were glad that he doesn't appear to have Irish antecedents, one less presidential entourage to deal with). Also don't forget that Trump's first wife was also an immigrant - Irvana Trump was Hungarian or Lathvian IIRC 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #510087 Mon Nov 14 2016 9:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United Kingdom 

Their at it again, this news report is genuine http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38002377

Time and money would be better spend sorting the our internet speed on the West coast, although not bad today, I am enjoying 2.1mbs! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #510258 Thu Nov 17 2016 5:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1