RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 4.4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

cherrybay

Belgium 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Any people here with a 4.4 ? Everyone seems to know a lot about the hdv6 and the SC but i didn't find any experienceses about the 4.4 (yet)

Post #5082 Thu Nov 10 2005 4:15pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I think you will find that many of our friends across the pond have got the normally aspirated 4.4.

Come on guys let cherrybay know what you think of your SPORTS 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5083 Thu Nov 10 2005 4:32pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

In fact Umbertob owns a 4.4 her is a quote from an earlier topic

umbertob wrote:
Driving back to Pasadena (California, USA) today from a weekend in Palm Springs, about 120 miles of freeway each way, I filled up my HSE (4.4 liter). The "Distance To Empty" display showed a range of 504 miles when I started the engine! By the time I pulled away from the gas station and got back to the freeway on-ramp that range had dropped to 480, and never got back above 500... Smile I wish I had immortalized such eventful moment with a picture, too.

Long stretches of freeway were nearly empty and I was briefly able to speed up to just above 120 mph before my wife started screaming obscenities. The car remains as steady as a rock at that speed, and quiet. Very impressive.

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5084 Thu Nov 10 2005 4:41pm
antics22

United States 

Hi, I have a v8 4.4 and in short, I love the way the vehicle handles. It has a very impressive clearance for a vehicle thats designed so low, and the powerband is comparable to my BMW 530 in terms of torque and acceleration. Handling is surprisingly firm when cornering and very smooth over your average potholes and road hazards. In terms of gas consumtion, I average around 14mpg in the city as my commute rarely gets me onto the freeways, in which in that case, I can probably average around 18 mpg. A full tank of gas here in the us gets me a total range of roughly 260-280 miles before I have to fill up again.

I like the seating position since it seats high and upright. After driving my RRS and sitting in my brother-in-laws X5, his "comfort seats" feel almost flat to the ground like a sedan and very uncomfortable in comparison. My 4.4 is very quiet on the road with good sound insulation but when I floor it, I can hear a very light growl that comes from the v8...

my 2 cents!

Only problem so far are a couple of rattles at 1,122 miles and a bad crank seal which is on order... so my RRS is currently in the shop for that.. otherwise, I absolutely love it and in comparing it to the 4.2 RRS, I felt that the extra money for the SC model was better suited towards something else, like accessories for my HSE.
Good luck!

Post #5092 Thu Nov 10 2005 10:46pm
cherrybay

Belgium 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
@ antics22

thnx for your reply

Post #5102 Fri Nov 11 2005 8:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1