RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Where do you keep your keys?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Either in the centre cup holder or if that's full of 'phone and coffee cup, in the ashtray (it fits perfectly). Rarely in my pocket as it's uncomfortable.

In the house it's attached to the Alsatian's collar - good luck in getting close enough to remove that Thumbs Up I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #509247 Thu Nov 03 2016 6:07pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

There was a thread some time ago about the keyless entry type keys and I dimly thought that the keys could only be "cloned"when one of the buttons were pressed. But, these type keys are transmitting all the time and thieves are wise to this and can clone your keys even if the keys are inside your house and the thieves are outside!!!!!!

I made a purchase of a couple of "RF signal block pouches" and found these to work fine, as in with the key in my pocket I could open the door by placing my hand inside the handle but putting it in the pouch I was unable to open the door. So in effect the transmission signal is blocked to the car so thus untraceable to anyone trying to clone as well. My spare key is always in one of these pouches and my everyday key is kept in the pouch when I'm home. I even take a pouch if staying away from home overnight with the car to put my keys in. Maybe a bit paranoid but every little helps.

Thanks to Muddywheels who recommended these pouches Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #509256 Thu Nov 03 2016 7:40pm
rborhara

United Kingdom 

i take it the car doors dont autolock if you place them in a suit and hang inside the car, but dont actually start the car and head back indoors?

Post #510509 Mon Nov 21 2016 9:23pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The car won't lock full stop if you start it and then walk away with the fob in your pocket or leave it inside the car, at least my L494 won't lock in these circumstances which is annoying, but at least you cannot lock the keys inside by accident! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #510522 Tue Nov 22 2016 8:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rolo

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Chawton White

Don't keep your keys, or mobile phone, in your trouser pocket that's nearest the transmission tunnel. If they drop between the seat and the transmission cover it's a hell of a job to get them out. There's a gap between the seat rail and the transmission where something iPhone size can hide from fingers and tool.

It can be a massive problem at the wrong time. I lost my phone down there at 10pm in a foreign land when I was awaiting a confirmation call for a Green Flag breakdown recovery and they didn't know where I was located. Nightmare.

Try it. Smile

Gary

Post #515038 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:19am
Moonpig1971

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Always pop mine in the cup holder & slide the cover over & then pop my iphone on top.. All about the routine 0) Newbie to the world of the RRS... Purchased 1st one in April 2017, currently blown away by the ride & quality. Lets hope that feeling long continues.

Post #525269 Thu May 04 2017 3:08pm
Discodave

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Rolo wrote:
Don't keep your keys, or mobile phone, in your trouser pocket that's nearest the transmission tunnel. If they drop between the seat and the transmission cover it's a hell of a job to get them out. There's a gap between the seat rail and the transmission where something iPhone size can hide from fingers and tool.

It can be a massive problem at the wrong time. I lost my phone down there at 10pm in a foreign land when I was awaiting a confirmation call for a Green Flag breakdown recovery and they didn't know where I was located. Nightmare.

Try it. Smile

Gary

I droped my bank card down the gap you mentioned. What a struggle getting it out. I had to nip down the shed and get some long nose pliers and carefully prize it out. Lucky i could see it. Thumbs Up

Post #542097 Tue Nov 28 2017 8:06pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

You can also lose you keys under the drivers seat.

I have lost a set of keys including an alarm remote control under the drivers seat. I put them on the back seat and pressed the brake hard one day which caused the set of keys to move off the back seat and slide under the drivers seat. I can't see it but I know its there somewhere. Only a total removal of the drivers seat will allow me to find the ket set.

Be warned

Post #542602 Mon Dec 04 2017 11:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123