RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > RANGE ROVER SPORT 4.2 S/C WASHER BOTTLE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

R25PRT

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Zermatt Silver
RANGE ROVER SPORT 4.2 S/C WASHER BOTTLE

HI EVERYBODY,OWNED MY 2006 RRS S/C FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW,35K 1 OWNER FROM NEW,GOT A PROBLEM WITH WATER BOTTLE LEAKING LIKE A SEIVE,READ THIS ON RANGE ROVER.NET AND MY CAR FALLS BETWEEN VIN NUMBERS ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT GETTING IT DONE FREE OF CHARGE AT DEALERS,ASKING YOUR ADVICE BEFORE ASKING AS DID NOT WANT TO LOOK A WILBUR Shocked
LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR THOUGHTS
THIS IS THE POST I READ:
Leaky windshield washer tank?
I know a few of you have experienced this, sometimes before AND after the leaky tank was replaced by the dealer... This is a fairly new TSB, # LS501-022.

Washer Reservoir Leak
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 to 6A975520

CONDITION SUMMARY:
WASHER RESERVOIR LEAK
Situation: A customer may report a concern of a fluid leak from the front of the vehicle. The fluid leak may be suspected to be a coolant leak from the radiator. A close inspection could reveal that the windshield washer reservoir is the source of the fluid leak. A manufacturing process problem could have resulted in a weak seam at the base of the washer reservoir. The weak seam may have failed. Action: Should a customer express a concern of a fluid leak described above, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in this bulletin to inspect the washer reservoir and rectify the concern as necessary.
PARTS:
CAUTION: A replacement reservoir must meet the inspection criteria detailed in this bulletin. If a reservoir does not meet the inspection criteria, Retailers are requested to submit a "ZRTN020" credit request. Once a confirmed response to the credit request is received the
part may be scrapped on site. This technical bulletin number should be referenced in the credit request.

DMB500040.............Reservoir - windshield washer, w/ headlamp power wash Qty 1
DMB500030.............Reservoir - windshield washer, less headlamp wash/wipe Qty 1

CAUTION: A replacement washer reservoir must have either a yellow paint mark on the side of the reservoir, identifying the reservoir as a quality-controlled assembly OR a date of manufacture later than '25/07/06' (25th July 2006).

Post #508137 Wed Oct 19 2016 9:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m8ch1n

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Hi,
Normally they will replace this free of charge as it is a known manufacture defect and your vin falls within the criteria. I personally would class this as a safety related fault as if it empties completely and you are travelling you have no way of washing your windscreen.

If it were me I would be printing off that TSB and booking the car in to my nearest LR dealer.
You won't look a "WILBUR" don't worry, people take their cars in for a lot worse things than that.. e.g how do I put fuel in Rolling with laughter

**Be careful though if they diagnose it as not being linked to that TSB you will be liable for diagnostic charges. For example if it has already been replaced or it is noticeably damaged.

This was the type of procedure we used to follow for things like this in our dealership anyway.

Hope this helps. Current: RRS 2010 L320 Facelift 3.0 TD V6 HSE 5dr Alaska White
Gone:Mercedes C220 Estate AMG MY 9/2012 Polar White
Gone:Mitsubishi L200 Raging bull edition MY 9/2009 2.5l DID Red
Gone:BMW 116i MY 4/2006 Silver

Post #508723 Thu Oct 27 2016 4:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1