Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 2017 Farollon black v santori black & headlight question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
2017 Farollon black v santori black & headlight question

hello guys

i went to place my order the other day and i was told that on the new rrs atb they no longer allow you to order santori black and instead it is replaced with farollon black, which i have been told is the exact same colour. What i find confusing is that in the brochure it shows both santori black and the farollon black which suggests to me that they are both a different shade of black. Does any forum member know if those 2 colours are the exact same or are they slghtly different.

Second question is the led headlights. Is there any difference in looks between the adaptive and non adaptive and are they worth having on the car.

Thanks guys

Post #508520 Mon Oct 24 2016 6:01pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Santorini black and the faralon black look VERY different on the configurator. The configurator is not always a true representation so suggest you go to the dealer and ask them to show you the color samples, but the Faralon black looks as though it has a dark blue flake.

I had adaptive headlights on my previous Mercedes but did not specify them on my RRS. It is a nice to have but after owning the RRS for 7 months I honestly don't miss this feature. Its just personal preference. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #508535 Tue Oct 25 2016 1:12am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Farallon black replaces Mariana Black , both have a Blue tint in the paint. Santorini is Black metallic.
Adaptive lights are well worth the option price.

SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #508582 Tue Oct 25 2016 7:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I suggest that your dealer goes to Specsavers - as stated above Farallon Black is Black with blue flecks, Santorinni is Black metallic paint, no coloured pearlescent mica in it. The colour rendition on the website also depends hugely on the screen you use to view them on, on my iPad Pro they look all washed out but on my MacBook Air the difference is very obvious, also the colours seem better rendered on the Discovery 5 configurator on my iPad than the RRS colours with the same names. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #508587 Tue Oct 25 2016 9:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Santorini definitely had a blue tint.

Or was that Sumatra? Rolling Eyes 

Post #508590 Tue Oct 25 2016 9:09pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

All my LR's have been Santorini. It is my favourite black of all the manufacturers...on my DS the AHBA worked better on the adaptive headlights, but the beam swivel was minor and felt I wouldn't spec it again....had adaptive LEDs on my car I have just sold and were exceptional with the beam shaping Cool Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #508593 Tue Oct 25 2016 9:51pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

RRSFan, I would get them to check again, I've had a quick phone call to the Sales Manager I know at Hatfields, Pickering (they stay after hours) and he says he's not heard of that at all, and has had no problems ordering Santorini Black on the RRS models, he said the two stated "Blacks" are completely different and wouldn't advise if you want a "Black" car. Their group of dealerships would also gladly supply, (if they have a branch near you), so I think your dealer either has a cancelled order or has misread something from above discussion. Thumbs Up John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Tue Oct 25 2016 10:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #508597 Tue Oct 25 2016 10:33pm
Johnski

philmw wrote:
Santorini definitely had a blue tint.

Or was that Sumatra? Rolling Eyes

Yes Sumatra has a blue tinge. Thumbs Up John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #508601 Tue Oct 25 2016 10:48pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Thanks for all your help guys ! Lancasters Wolverhampton were positive santorini black was replaced with farollon and i was sure they were wrong but they would not listen even though i checked with other dealers/forum (other dealers were saying that configurator was wrong as they were able to order it from their ordering system). Today i have looked on the configurator and miraculously santorini black has been added back on as an option and have since spoken to my dealer who has said that it can now be ordered and that they were given bad information.

A bit worrying that a LR dealership cannot get basic info on a car right either that or they wanted to sell me a car that was already allocated to them. i am hoping it was not the latter !

Post #508680 Wed Oct 26 2016 5:50pm
wilf

Absolutely not unusual for an enthusiast to know more about a car's spec options than the "salesperson" in the showroom. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #508685 Wed Oct 26 2016 7:52pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

They are not 'sales people' just facilitators of the transaction.... Whistle Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #508696 Wed Oct 26 2016 9:29pm
Johnski

The main thing of course you can now get the car you want in colour and specification to suit your needs.
Generally the threat of purchasing it elsewhere from a more on the ball dealership, has them lifting a phone to actually check. Whistle Lets hope their servicing is a bit sharper. Thumbs Up John

Post #508713 Thu Oct 27 2016 12:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1