Post #507906 Sun Oct 16 2016 10:13am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

£500 for the pair, £250 each

Post #507911 Sun Oct 16 2016 11:04am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Thanks Disco_Mikey - that's a fair price. Thumbs Up
It might be a bad move on my part but I will persevere with what I have for now. Others might have greater need. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #507912 Sun Oct 16 2016 11:09am
alanjfoster

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thanks Eaters, yes the drivers side points down very close to the car, while the dance is done, it never moves up or down (left and right yes) (passenger side has no issues (yet).
I also think that headlight replacement is extreme given the costs, I should get an opportunity to have a closer look to-morrow evening, I intend to swap the lights over to see if the fault follows.
I will then have a look inside to see if the "ball and cup" is connected, though not sure what I am looking for.

I have a feeling that replacement lights could be approaching Big Cry , given that I have no MOT Crying or Very sad , there is a little urgency on this.

I will update on any findings or progress, also thanks to you Disco_Mikey, I may be in touch, is postage free?

Post #507924 Sun Oct 16 2016 3:38pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I'll post FOC if you buy the pair Thumbs Up

Post #507928 Sun Oct 16 2016 4:49pm
Mark range

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Alaska White

Hi all. The story so far is that I did invest in a brand new offside front light from a supposed reputatable dealer.
When the unit arrived I noticed that the dip beam light ball was pointing down & to right, this I thought would correct its self when the light was activated, wrong, it made no difference what so ever, it did the horizontal movements but made no attempt to go vertical so thinking it is faulty the unit got sent back from whence it it came. (I am still waiting to hear back from these people). The strange thing is tho, after about maybe a month the original light has decided to come back into play & is working fine. So only the one above knows what's actually going on here.
Before I spent the large sum of money on the light unit I did get the car checked out to see if there were any faults to be found, (none were found) because the purchase & fitting of a new light control module had made no difference either.
The fact it has at the moment fixed itself has me & a lot of other tech bods completely baffled.
(It seems that there are strange forces at work here).
I will say tho that when I fitted the new control module the n/side light unit which is the one that was originally playing up beforehand came back into action straight away, but the o/side was having None of it, which lead me to go with the advice from RRSTDV8 which all made sense to me.

With the new light unit not responding in the manor it should have lead me to believe that it was faulty, remember I'd had the car plugged in for a health check to which nothing was found to be interfering or causing it to malfunction. So the fact that the original light unit has come back into play without any fiddling with is a complete mystery to me at this time.
This whole thing of coming back from the other side has thrown a real spanner in the works.
So at the moment I am pleased that the lights are working in sink with each other, but for how long I have no idea.

Post #507969 Mon Oct 17 2016 10:46am
Eaters

I think you and I are in the same boat Mark.
Mine's going into a local Indy for a general check up in a week or so so I will ask their opinion then. Not used them before and so in part its to get an idea of how good they are so it will be a good test, bearing in mind that the local main dealer just wanted £1k off me for a new headlight when they checked it over in the summer! As the nights draw in and we need our lights more, no doubt the issue may well become a real problem. Sad
If you don't mind, please keep posting any developments. Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #507982 Mon Oct 17 2016 4:25pm
wilf

Having read through this thread, I suspect the issue here may be an intermittent connection in the headlight control circuit.

The problem is.........where? and I have no clue, other than to take apart, clean with some switch cleaner, and reassemble every connector you can find in that path.

Similar inane electronic activity on a friends car (not a RRS) was tracked down to water ingress via a poorly sealed windscreen, allowing water onto the connection area of an ecu.

It took a really determined and inventive indy auto electrician to find that one. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #508127 Wed Oct 19 2016 6:56pm
Eaters

Some good thinking Wilf. So would you suspect that we might we expect more problems on wet days ( or the days after rain), or when the cars been washed? Been doing some significant night driving recently and (dare I say it) the lights have behaved impeccably. Intermittent faults are SO annoying. Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #508150 Thu Oct 20 2016 3:02am
wilf

If water ingress into suspect connectors is the issue, then yes, post driving in the rain or pressure washing you could well see more issues, and that was also mentioned earlier on this thread.

Which is great from one point of view, but not from the "go to this specific connector and clean/dry it" one. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #508165 Thu Oct 20 2016 10:39am
alanjfoster

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Been a week, the good news is I now have a Valid MOT Very Happy , so how did I achieve this, firstly no new parts, remember I had the same \ similar issue, 1 x dipped beam pointing to the floor, the dance was fine with 1, the other only did the horizontal part, no amount of restarts changed anything.
Anyway I had been talking to a friend at work reference this who suggested I do the following: I was very sceptical but thought I would give it go:
A: screw the light adjuster fully down till it slips the screw a few times and then up till it again slips the screw and then back to original position - start with lights in auto?
B: reseat light electric socket a number of times - start with lights in auto?
C: Remove light - keep it warm for a day Rolling with laughter (date night Laughing) replace - start with lights in auto?
D: Replace Light with a new one.

I have no idea why, but my light recovered after completing A (did not bother with b, c, or d), this was on Tue evening, i have continually checked since then, all working as expected so booked retest, Last night, passed Very Happy

I do not expect that I have seen the last of the issue, but I am carrying a 6mm allen key in the car for now, what is obvious, Mark, Eaters and others like me, have this mysterious issue, which really needs an explanation.

Post #508332 Sat Oct 22 2016 11:48am
Eaters

Great news on the MOT. With fingers well crossed, this process sounds good. Thumbs Up

This suggestion from your friend is certainly worth a try. I'm almost wishing for torrential rain so that I can see if the problem rears its head again. Its been very dry in the SE for the last week or so and my lights are behaving perfectly.

Keep the info coming folks and maybe between us we can solve this without running to expenses of £000s. Question Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #508336 Sat Oct 22 2016 1:06pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Guys, any progress on the issues you've been having?

Has it happened to anyone on this thread that the light beams would drop whilst driving and an AFS warning light would appear on the dash, plus just before both lights drop, there would be a sudden and short cut out of all lights, both inside and out.

I guess firstly, does the AFS warning light appear on the dash and did ever happen whilst driving?
Trying to understand if what I'm experiencing is similar to the issues you've been having.
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46698.html?highlight=afs 2010 Supercharged

Post #516019 Fri Jan 27 2017 5:27pm
Eaters

Hi eugeneville

Update on mine is that I still, occasionally get the fault on my nearside llight where, on start up, the dance is completed with h/s light pointing down. Turn off, wait 10 secs and then start again has always (until now) fixed it. I'm probably just delaying the invevitable but I'm hanging on in there at present.

Never had an issue whilst driving and never seen an AFS warning light Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #516053 Fri Jan 27 2017 11:45pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

I see, thank you for your update, hope the issue that you're having remains manageable.

As for everybody else with similar issues, have you also never seen an AFS amber warning light on the dash and power cutting off for a millisecond as described in my thread about the matter?

Many thanks guys. 2010 Supercharged

Post #516881 Sun Feb 05 2017 9:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>