RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Holiday in your RR Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
It's a shame you cannot easily adjust the headlamps to LHD. So I just use the stick on whatsits.

10 minute job surely. Whip the lights out, flip the lever, put them back in. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #487043 Tue Feb 09 2016 11:01pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I cannot see me doing this successfully on level ground let alone a bouncing eurotunnel train! Sticky pads are cheaper than replacing broken parts following my cack handed treatment of them. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #487047 Tue Feb 09 2016 11:39pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Fair enough Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #487050 Tue Feb 09 2016 11:56pm
Nigex4x4

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost
Adventure

Not wanting to brag but we went to York last year, a distance of some 49 miles from Scarborough.

We had a kite, a tellytubby beach ball (deflated) some wine gums and everything you might need for almost an hour's driving.

It was a proud moment for my family when we drew into York to cheering crowds who threw Censored at us. Happy days.

(I'm only having a laugh but if you want to hear something really funny I actually bought RAC cover the night before because i wasn't sure we'd make it)

Can't wait till we drive all the way to Manchester 48 hours before our flight leaves just to make sure.

Despite all the old girl still makes me smile (you know)

Nige 2005 RRS HSE Arctic Frost (more like Scotch mist)

"When you are going through Hell - keep going!" Sir W Churchill

Free plumbing advice to fellow sufferers

Post #493080 Thu Apr 07 2016 8:29pm
harrij07

Switzerland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green
Holiday in a RRS

Some fabulous comments on here. Having lived in Australia and bashed the east coast Sydney to North Queensland in a V8 disco I was becoming quite wistful. I now live in Switzerland, but regularly bash back home to Solihull in a 1996 expedition prepared disco. Having now owned my MY2012 for a month, I am chomping on the bit to drive across Europe. From the little driving across Switzerland that I have managed, this has to be the most comfortable experience ever. I honestly feel as fresh after a couple of hours driving as when I get in. What is the worst that can happen in a break down? I have to agree with the chap who has recently been in the Alps, this is a perfect grand tourer, adventure vehicle and take me to the opera limo to boot.
j

Post #493108 Thu Apr 07 2016 11:20pm
061music

United Kingdom 

ilard wrote:
Our car was less than four weeks old when we took into the Alps via Germany - and December 2010 was a very snowy time, if you recall! It coped admirably on the Contis. And that was when we realised just how awesome a long distance cruiser the RRS was going to be.

Since then we have done Bordeux as 4 x adults... Will still had room for some duty free. And as a couple down to Italy (where we had MASSES of room for duty free), plus other trips to Brussells, Lille and the like, plus most recently a trip to Normandy with our infant boy. It was on that last trip where - due to the size of his buggy - we had to get inventive regards packing. We still came back with 36 bottles of wine.

It has never missed a beat on these trips, but for the longer ones I have always had the garage give it a check over first and of course have European breakdown cover.

The satnav in Italy in 2015 was horrendously out of date. I now always use google maps or similar.

It's a shame you cannot easily adjust the headlamps to LHD. So I just use the stick on whatsits.

Totally agree about having the garage check the car over. i always have mine check before i head off and if necessary an oil and filter change. In my 15 months i've taken my car to Italy, Holland, France and Germany and am heading out to Italy this week. I've probably covered 5K miles in Europe and the car has never skipped a beat. Great cruiser with exceptional comfort and plenty of room for booze (providing the wife packs sensibly Laughing ). Any car is at risk of breaking down. Make sure you have good breakdown cover and go for it

Post #502932 Mon Aug 15 2016 10:56pm
Olly-ibiza

I blast mine to ibiza, when I'm living out there, when it's 40'c outside the car is 250'c inside and you burn yourself on the interior... other than that's it's great spiteful Range Rover Sport tdv8

Post #502933 Mon Aug 15 2016 11:06pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Roughly 6x a year for the last 4 years have driven 520 miles each way between Donegal & London only really stopping for the ferry - roughly 11 hours each way all in. Can be done on a full tank of diesel too. Completely faultless and I have absolutely no worries about getting in the car and arriving at the other end, this on a car with 128k miles now. We've also done a couple of family trips to SW France, loaded for 2 adults and 2 teenagers (& my bike) and again, no worries or problems.

The car is maintained to schedule and I have AA cover and a tow-rope. Sorted.

Post #502937 Tue Aug 16 2016 7:51am
Jem0911

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

My passion is Clayshooting so the with the car loaded up so far this year we have been to..

France near Solongne 4hrs from Calais
France again near St Quninten 2 hours from Calais
Italy (we used my works FF for this one as it was a fair drive) near Foligno 18 hours from Calais
Holland near Harderwijk 4hrs from Calais

and All over the country shooting competitions.

This weekend coming we are Luton-Northampton-Cheltenham-Mid Wales-Northampton

No better way to travel.

Post #502947 Tue Aug 16 2016 12:02pm
Bigbore

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

In Poland/Warsaw,as I send this,travelled from Dorset to Folkstone,on the Tunnel to Germany/Bielefeld for overnight,then on too Warsaw.
2Days Stay with outlaws,then 5nights stay on Baltic Coast,then Back to Warsaw till Saturday,then homeward bound,same return journey.
RRS has been faultless so far and a pleasure to drive,on 5th tank. RRS SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey,Premium Ebony Black leather,MY12 Autobiography Exterior Design Pack,22"Diamond Turned Rotor Alloys,interior LED's/Number plate,boot LED's x 2,rear entertainment,HD Dash cam,ALIVE Remap,Bumper DRL's

Post #502956 Tue Aug 16 2016 12:30pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Heading to Andorra this weekend hoping for a trouble free trip, going Dover / Dunkirk so with luck will miss the trouble kicking off in Calais 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #504576 Mon Sep 05 2016 5:13pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Happy holidays Camelrock Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #504610 Mon Sep 05 2016 9:27pm
Lee1977

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Just about to take mine on it's longest trip in six months of ownership from Kent to Cornwall for a week then back via bournemouth. looking forward to cruising around lapping up the miles. we have done a couple of coast runs down to Whitstable and a trip to bournemouth for a wedding and even the mother in law stated how comfortable it was!! Current RRS MY2012 HSE Lux 3.0 SDV6 Orkney Grey
Gone Audi A6 Salon 2.ltr Black Edition Daytona Grey- disappointing needs 6 cylinders
Gone RRS MY2010 HSE 3.0 TDV6 Stornoway Grey - written off!!
Gone BMW 330d M Sport - Epic engine still missed

Post #504960 Fri Sep 09 2016 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12