RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > BUYING A 4X4 FROM SAXTONS4X4 ? A WORD OF ADVICE ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

NigelM

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Just my experience. I have no axe to grind, just thought the service was poor and the prices were toppy.

Post #484385 Sat Jan 09 2016 7:18pm
andywatson

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

That's the thing with these type of threads, each one has to be taken with a pinch of salt and open mind - bit like a hotel review really depends on the day as to how the review is made.

We have purchased a totally std RRS SE 59 plate 2010MY, 68k FSH for £19550

Each to their own, but we will visit again - wether we buy of course will be another matter

2008 RRS 3.6 HST - Stornaway / Black - Current
2010 RRS 3.0 HSE - Nara Bronze / Almond - Gone
2009 RRS 3.0 SE - Sliver / Teal

Post #484391 Sat Jan 09 2016 8:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andywatson

Just another update, took the RRS to Saxton yesterday following help from Disco-Mike on here and a Bodsy visit.

Saxton will undertake the turbo drain upgrade under warranty, they replaced the battery with a brand new AGM type 19 and replaced the rear light cluster, it was condensating and had a small crack in the lense ( they could have argued that wasn't their responsibility) all of this without quibble I might add.

There was another customer having a parking sensor fault repaired without any problems, (after having a tow bar fitted by others)

Very pleased with the service I have received. 2008 RRS 3.6 HST - Stornaway / Black - Current

Post #485582 Sun Jan 24 2016 7:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I know saxtons have bad name but lookers near by are no better I,m still waiting on a call back about a new car, I even had a test drive booked , when I turned up nobody knew anything about and no car available. I will never go back to these cowboys. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #488091 Fri Feb 19 2016 2:00pm
AdamC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Saxton

I purchaed from Saxton in Feb a nice R R S, priced about right, the sales process was a good slick operation, no hard sell, purchaed the 3 year RAC warrantee.

After care and customer service is shocking like Arthur Daily Motors from Minder, from the MD downwards, I won't name him for legal reasons, should have read Google reviews, plus they don't subscribe to Trustpilot or publish their own customer sat survey only the happy customers have a photo on the website with the salesman and the RR.

There is one exception Anita the service manager was first class, knows her stuff been in the motor trade 25 years they need a customer services aftercare team run by Anita , just let the salesmen sell, once they have made their sale their not interested.

Battling for a spare Key fob and emergency key is ongoing.

Went back for a smudge paint over run on the off side front wing and pealing overspray of lacquer on all 4 Alloys, still pealing off now.

Used Matts and boot liner were buffed up with oil and a rag to make them look new, were placed in the car when I took it back

Paid for my own wheel balancing from my mobile guy as they can't balance they don't know how, still flat spots on the tyres have to 60 psi and deflate back to standard.

No manual, as would have told me there is a full spare tucked up underneath not an emergency tyre kit as first thought, need to lower to inspect its not bald.

No reading from Oil system, will try the 15 min reading process, why not in real time I'm yet to find out,

New today a whine is now coming out of the PAS

I'm taking into my local independent workshop in Barnet for a check over.

Not Happy not even done 1,500 miles yet,

Should have leased a new one, as I did for a VW Tiguan last June

Little do Saxon know that I could be a secret shopper for a media company or better still trading standards, perhaps friends with a rather well know car motormouth.

No just an ordinary mug, a bit on the tall side, like Jeremy Clarkson, no right hooks unless in self defence and no deals with Amazon either.

The good thing is consumer law and being really good lawyer

Post #494913 Mon May 02 2016 3:00am
andywatson

Collecting an HSE on Saturday to replace my SE Very Happy Very Happy 2008 RRS 3.6 HST - Stornaway / Black - Current

Post #503675 Thu Aug 25 2016 11:39am
Richard039

England 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black
Saxtons 4x4

A few years ago a mate of mine from Wales bought a Volvo XC90 from Saxtons and asked me to go and check it over before he bought it. I spent about an hour going over it and taking it for a test drive. I did a five page report on the vehicle because it needed quite a lot of work doing, to make it a good car. To be fair to them they did 99% of it within the sale price, which surprised me because the work included 4 tyres, discs and pads ( front and rear ), high pressure steering hose, and some bodywork. Having said this I think they would have been more than happy to have done nothing to it and sold it as it was, which would have been costly to put right

Post #530820 Fri Jul 21 2017 12:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234