RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First service...when?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Fletcher

England 

What should the dealer be doing on a first service, the bird on the front desk thinks it's only oil and a top up of add blue and screen wash .

Post #502615 Thu Aug 11 2016 7:20pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

It should state in handbook I believe, but you could download the service sheets from LR, which told you what/when etc, but much more than you have stated. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #502633 Thu Aug 11 2016 10:16pm
Fletcher

England 

Just had a message to bring both keys as there is a recall . Anyone know what's on or is this a new problem.

Post #502672 Fri Aug 12 2016 4:35pm

United Kingdom 

Just checked and TOPIX is showing Outstanding Campaigns - Q606 - Keyless vehicle module replacement for mine. No notification from the dealer, will call them Monday.

Mine had the KVM along with about every other module replaced in January when it had a six week holiday with the dealers. Don't believe they ever found the root cause but on the LR techs instruction replaced everything. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #502679 Fri Aug 12 2016 5:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Mine is also showing Q606. Must be to counter latest theft techniques.

I need to call the dealer to add squeaky brakes and slow clock to the job card too when the car goes in for service next month. They already have a list from me and seems it is growing. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #502686 Fri Aug 12 2016 7:32pm
Fletcher

England 

Well , I never expected that .
" Good morning sir , we have a new Rangerover svr sport for you if you would like to take it for the morning '

Post #502705 Sat Aug 13 2016 8:16am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

The tyres really do grip well.

Enjoy 

Post #502711 Sat Aug 13 2016 9:10am
Fletcher

England 

Oh my sweet lord baby Jesus. What a car , what a phenomenal piece of engineering. The soundtrack is to die for . Maybe my new garage filler . I'm thinking they will Depreciate quite well and I can have a good used one as my occasional special occasion car .
Still not sure on the blue, it would have to be carpathian grey to match the other sport .
Well done DaveW and the team .

Post #502715 Sat Aug 13 2016 9:39am
Lyonhead

Wales 

Is the smile still on your face?? Very Happy Very Happy picked up mine April 30th and still grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
I have had sooo many comments on the colour ( Estoril Blue ) but I do agree with you that the grey looks good as well.
The exhaust valve open button is the first thing pressed after staring her and then the stop/start button to off because I just can't be doing with it.
I bet you don't want to give it back.
Its certainly a different animal to the 59 plate 5.0L Supercharged I had previous. Thumbs Up

Post #502719 Sat Aug 13 2016 11:25am
Fletcher

England 

I did as you lyonhead stop/start off. Noise on . Dynamic on . Sport mode on . Great car , the sales man was very good and I can recommend him as I have known him for a few years now through another dealership. We did talk about an order and farther test drives , we were offered a 24 hour test if we wanted one .
He told me they did the pcp thing for someone last week and the gfv in 4 years was £22,000 which is incredibly low and both agreed more likely to be closer to £50,000.
My car came back as good as it was when it went in , all recalls done , no dents or scratches I can see . Lots of paperwork to file away.
Very happy. Well done COUNTY LANDROVER.

Post #502721 Sat Aug 13 2016 12:02pm
philmw

When it's working (when the battery has been charged) stop/start works very well on my car. I don't get other's dislike of the system. 

Post #502731 Sat Aug 13 2016 1:38pm
Fletcher

England 

I think as I don't use the cars much it's unnerving to hear the engine cut out . It's a great feature to have on city stop/start driving and I do use it occasionally but to have it on the svr does make me laugh a little.

Post #502738 Sat Aug 13 2016 3:14pm
philmw

On the Aga-powered XF I had the stop/start was awful as you couldn't stop the car without it kicking in, but the pressure sensing on the SVR is much better so I can choose whether to stop the engine or not, and start again at will, depending on the situation. 

Post #502755 Sat Aug 13 2016 7:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think I'll have to change servicing outlets, all I seem to get offered these days is a lift into the local town or a Fiat 500 as a loaner..................... Got round the disadvantage of both of those not being Land Rover products of simian quality/ price as an RRS by asking them to collect and re-deliver the car instead as I have my Defender I can use instead of a bus or Fiat500!
Must be a pretty good deal going between LR and the dealers if dealers can afford to lay on £100,000 loaners, loosing £75k in depreciation over 4 years is tough................. Akin to owning a large sailing boat - otherwise known as "standing under a cold shower tearing up £100 notes"! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #502756 Sat Aug 13 2016 7:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

fkarim wrote:
My RRS has done 7,300 miles and is just over 10 months old. Today I saw the "Service required in 1900 miles" message in the instrument panel.

Today I have exactly the same message showing up 1900 miles to next service, I have only done approx 2700 miles since new in January 2016 so wasn't expecting that.

So is it just working out my mileage over the last 7-8 months and estimating for 1 year, which would make it about right if I do same mileage?

Also this made me look for Service book, but couldn't find one in pack, I seem to recall dealer telling me they no longer issue service record books and it is all online, is this right and how can I access it? Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #502886 Mon Aug 15 2016 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>