RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Questions questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Questions questions

OK so I have a kestrel DAS been sitting in the garage for about 7 yrs. I decided to detail by black Range Rover Sport and ordered the intermediate kit from PolishedBliss. Lake country Blue pads, Lake country Red pads and Merzana 2200 and Merzana 3500 polishes.

I used the blue pads and 3500 on the bonnet, front bumper and wings then used the red pads with the same polish went to polished bliss who said I should have used the red pads only. The blue pads should have been used with the 2200 only

So I did the rest of the car with the blue pads and 2200 and I thought it was good (no sunshine) went to Reflectology as he's local to me and he said the finish on the front of the car was better than the back end and advised to go over the car again with the red pads and 3500. Does this sound good? Not questioning Russ at reflectology just seeking opinions. Is there a better polish with less of a messing up for a complete beginner than Mezana 3500?

Post #502696 Fri Aug 12 2016 10:30pm
adameverett

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi not used the Merzana range so cannot comment. Personally on my black I like the Poorboys Black Hole polish and seal the polish after application with Collinite 476 wax, I have not been disappointed and easy for the novice.

Does the Merzana contain a wax? after you have cut the top coat do you not need a wax top coat to seal in for longer and deeper shine?

Post #502704 Sat Aug 13 2016 8:03am
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Yep

The black hole and Collinite are both products I have but the black hole has fillers in it so basically it hides swirl marks without actually removing them. The Merzana products are used with a DAS machine polisher and not by hand for best results and they will remove swirl marks.

When I have finished I will use poorboys sealant and then Nattys Blue wax to protect until November when I will strip it all off again with detailing clay in preparation for having a coating applied.

Post #502706 Sat Aug 13 2016 8:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1