RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Watch service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

fkarim

United Kingdom 

Off Topic This thread just reminded me what had slipped my mind ... I want to buy a watch but need to sell the current one first Big Cry Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #501727 Tue Jul 26 2016 8:21pm
Fletcher

England 

Jock55 . The story has gone full circle. My dad bought a seiko divers watch out there , he died in 1981 and I inherited his watch . As a 10 year old with huge seiko divers watch ( days in Arabic) I was the mutts nuts . Any who , I wore that watch every day for 30 years until it stopped working, we sent it back to seiko asking for it to be repaired at any cost but we were advised it was not repairable as parts were no longer available. Hence the search for a new watch that was rather large and would last forever. Ended up with a shiny new Breitling super avenger .

Post #501729 Tue Jul 26 2016 8:44pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Off Topic

Here you go Jock

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/rol...r-now.html

If it looks like this with the two lines of writing in red then I suggest you insure for a very tidy sum of money as they are very sort after by collectors. If it used to look like that but when you once had it serviced, they may have changed the dial to one with white writing as so often happened then it's not so sort after. The double red is a lot of collectors grail watch if you will.

Either way a 1977 Sea Dweller is a beautiful vintage piece and I'm sure it will continue to give many years of service Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #501730 Tue Jul 26 2016 9:03pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Thanks Buckster.

No, not a "Double Red", unfortunately! Original face but with all white writing. Says:

SEA DWELLER,
4000ft. - 1220m
Superlative Chronometer
Officially Certified

So bog standard.

Had a look at a few web sites and it certainly seems to have appreciated in value, I had no idea!

Cheers all,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #501743 Tue Jul 26 2016 11:55pm
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I had my Breitling SuperOcean serviced last year at a cost of around 500 from the local Breitling retailer after it started losing around 5 minutes a week.

Aparently & according to Breitling it takes that long because it has to be recertified as a chronometer for timekeeping. They are supposed to return it to the service centre (not sure where that is, although I was led to believe it was back in Switzerland) so that it can be tested at various angles of rotation for accuracy and pressure tested to its certified water depth rating.

I received a telephone interim report detailing what Breitling had found and asking what I would like to do. I decided against a new crystal glass (there is a tiny mark somewhere I can't see), and a new bracelet for a couple of marks and dings (they make it my watch and I can recall where each were caused).

Mine came back from Breitling looking like new. The bracelet was polished & brushed and it keeps accurate time again. I haven't had to adjust it once since early last year.

You could just take it to the local high street 'WatchLab' where they will remove the back and blow into it to remove any dust, screw the back on again and give it a bit of a polish on the buffing wheel, then charge you 75 'cos it's an expensive watch.

My advice would be to take it to a registered Breitling dealer and take a deep breath. You bought an expensive timepiece just as you bought an expensive automobile.

Yes, it's a wrench being without it for 8 weeks, but I bought a cheap, weighty Sekonda to use while it was away as I wear mine every day and it felt weird without it. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #502046 Tue Aug 02 2016 10:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12