RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Range Rover Sport - World Record At Dealer For Warranty Work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport - World Record At Dealer For Warranty Work

The latest on my saga is that the dealer has done the following after having had my vehicle at the dealership for over 2 months.
1) The dealer kept it for 2 months but did nothing and says it is as good as its going to get. They can't help any more - they have given up.
2) The front upholstry and steering wheel was severly soiled with grease and oil plus the drives seat base edge was badly worn from the vehicle being entered in and out twice a day to be moved by people clearly with greasy overalls. The drivers seat was so badly soiled it is permanently stained from greasy overalls sitting on it. I have asked the dealer to replace the seat base leather but no answer has been forthcoming. When I picked up the car the service manager noticed grease on the drivers seat when handing it over and said - shall I get it removed.

One month from picking up the car. The whining noise from the airconditioning system (when the compressor clutch is engaged) continues to get progressively worse (3rd airconditioning compressor here - yes 3rd) - getting very loud now. The drive train shunt is as bad as ever.

What next - Oh yes last week end severe loud cracking and popping noises from all speakers even when the audio system is turned off appears at regular intervals (my car has the premium audio system and rear entertainment system). It is so loud the car is undriveable when it happens.

The car may be 5 1/2 years old, but it only has 27,000km on the clock (only done 500km in the last 18 months due to car being out of my hands for 8 months - being itn the dealer for warranty work). I have spent all my time owning the vehicle fixing problems and being left with a sustandard car by Landrover. I am tired of dealing with problems.

Post #500678 Tue Jul 12 2016 4:11pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

That really is shocking Shocked

Not sure what your legal rights are there but I hope you have some to sort this - what a disgrace Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #500679 Tue Jul 12 2016 4:18pm
savi18

New Zealand 

I had my rrs td2.7 in the dealers after owning it for a week, luckily I took out a mechanical warranty out with it($1500)or£750 , the cost approx $10,000 or £5,000 for work to be carried out, the previous owner had the servicing done by a back street garage and looks like they did not know what they were doing. However the car went in originally for cutting out so they replaced a lot of parts over a period of 4 weeks and problem still there but belive it or not thanks to this rrs forum lots of post said replace brake light switch, so did this myself and like magic the cutting out has disappeared. Just goes to show the Dealers with top technicians did not suggest changing the brake switch even as preventive maintenance.

Post #501871 Fri Jul 29 2016 10:31pm
savi18

New Zealand 

I had my rrs td2.7 in the dealers after owning it for a week, luckily I took out a mechanical warranty out with it($1500)or£750 , the cost approx $10,000 or £5,000 for work to be carried out, the previous owner had the servicing done by a back street garage and looks like they did not know what they were doing. However the car went in originally for cutting out so they replaced a lot of parts over a period of 4 weeks and problem still there but belive it or not thanks to this rrs forum lots of post said replace brake light switch, so did this myself and like magic the cutting out has disappeared. Just goes to show the Dealers with top technicians did not suggest changing the brake switch even as preventive maintenance.

Post #501872 Fri Jul 29 2016 10:39pm
deano_123

United Kingdom 

Range Rovers are known for their faults and Australia is known for their lack of mechanics, there you go

Post #501909 Sat Jul 30 2016 10:30pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
??? Where Next

The vehicle is now going in for a replacement airconditioning compressor (4th replacement) and having all the front drive train components checked (transfer case, prop shafts, front diff etc). they agree there is still an issue on both counts (aircon and drive train shunts) - 5.5 years and counting - fixing warranty issues at 10 years might even be possible.

Post #502168 Thu Aug 04 2016 4:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12