RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First service...when?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Just had my car back from LRPR - all work carried out and oil change carried out - service light now off and also off on incontrol app.

Phew......

Thanks for the advice chaps....I could have been driving around with contaminated oil for the next 2000 miles Embarassed

Post #481648 Fri Dec 04 2015 1:52pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

My RRS has done 7,300 miles and is just over 10 months old. Today I saw the "Service required in 1900 miles" message in the instrument panel. The app has also started showing the service icon, the details of which include "vehicle has indicated service is due imminently". The service menu in the instrument panel is also showing the same interval for oil service (1,900 miles) and 5,405 miles for DEF refill. There is no permanent icon/warning light/message in the instrument panel. The message with 1,900 miles only appears when starting (or was it switching off?) the car.

- Do you guys think this is indicative of the same problem that some of you had, given it has done less than half the published service interval mileage? I know the message can come early (time or distance) depending on how the car is driven. However, while my car does quite a bit of city driving, about half of those 7,300 miles must have been long motorway or dual carriageway journeys. I didn't expect mine to last 16k miles but 7.3k is far too soon IMHO.
- Did your service message include a distance or time to next service or was it something like service required "yesterday"?
- I have a 2000 miler coming up in less than a month. Given both my local dealers normally require any appointments to be booked 6-8 weeks in advance, would running the service interval indicator into negative territory (by ~500 miles or so) affect my warranty or can the service wait until we return from the trip? There are a few minor niggles (auto parking aid turning off every time car is switched off, flaking rear calliper paint, slightly sagging seat leather etc.) that I would ideally like sorted at the same time to avoid hassle so it won't be a 1-day job. Even if it can be booked in soon, I would like to avoid it getting it serviced too early if possible. This is obviously assuming the early service requirement isn't due to a problem.
- Would it be fair to use LR Assist if a problem is suspected to be causing service message or should I talk to the dealer and accept whatever timeframe they can offer me? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #501485 Fri Jul 22 2016 9:41pm
wilf

Service interval is X 000 miles OR ONE YEAR) so your car is estimating how many miles left until the 12 months are up.

For peace of mind, why not get a simple engine oil and filter change done before your upcoming long trip, and get the full service done afterwards? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #501494 Sat Jul 23 2016 7:01am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks. I would have thought if it was estimating based on time, it would give me a number of days rather than miles remaining as per the handbook. That's what my previous RRS used to do as well - showed number of days until service was due when it got closer to 1 year since last service.

If I have to break it down to "at least" 2 dealer visits (we all know it can take more than that to resolve the simplest of issues unfortunately) I would prefer to have the full annual service done now and get the rest looked at when we return. Was just hoping to avoid multiple visits as it is such a hassle with loan cars and juggling work etc. I will ring dealers to see what their availabilities are like.

But you don't think it could be a problem like others have experienced with premature service message? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #501495 Sat Jul 23 2016 7:26am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Combination of time and driving style isn't it? 

Post #501496 Sat Jul 23 2016 7:41am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yes, but I was under the impression I was a mechanically sympathetic driver Embarassed The last one didn't require either of the 2 services to be brought forward. Having said that, I am doing more than my average mileage on this one for the sheer pleasure of it. Have already updated annual mileage with the insurer once and paid the increased premium and it seems I may have to do the same again. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #501497 Sat Jul 23 2016 7:50am
wilf

But your actual low annual mileage possibly indicates lots of short and maybe urban runs, which would count as more "severe" service than hours spent at motorway speeds. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #501498 Sat Jul 23 2016 8:07am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yes, lots of city driving but certainly more than half of the mileage is long runs at motorway speeds. DPF never required a regen and DEF never required a refill and still showing 5,405 miles remaining. I was hoping these were indications of not-too-severe use. Wishful thinking perhaps. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #501499 Sat Jul 23 2016 8:16am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Dealer saying not to worry if it isn't serviced within the next 1,900 miles and goes over (probably because they don't have a slot available before our holiday). As long as the service isn't missed completely it doesn't have any impact on warranty according to them. I have booked it in straight after we come back. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #501500 Sat Jul 23 2016 8:52am
wilf

I am sure I read somewhere that warranty can be voided if you go 1000 miles over a service interval. In your case, probably not too significant.

Have a good run! MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #501505 Sat Jul 23 2016 9:28am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

At 10 months old I think your car is asking for it's first service and is not the same issue that I had as my service due reminder was on way too early.

Post #501596 Mon Jul 25 2016 8:02am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I think so too now. It has gone down from 1900 to 1850 after use over the weekend so doesn't appear to be a glitch. Had it displayed the service message giving me a number of days until service was due (like the previous car), I would have been more accepting because only 7 weeks to go until it is 12 months old. It was the mileage based nature of the message that caused a bit of concern initially.

Can't believe it's been almost a year since I took delivery Shocked Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #501598 Mon Jul 25 2016 8:36am
IRBails

Australia 

Hard to tell from the lack of Signatures if this is engine specific or not ? If not then is it year specific ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #501656 Mon Jul 25 2016 10:35pm
Fletcher

England 

My first service is showing as due immanently on the incontrol app . 2750 miles and 12 months old in October. What are landrover paying the dealer to do a service, as I'm thinking of changing dealerships are they going to be fighting over the work and future custom or do you think they won't give a toss .

Post #502030 Tue Aug 02 2016 7:44pm
IRBails

Australia 

So few miles in 12 months? Push bike would serve you better ? I now have 20,000 k's in 5 months so first service will be soon. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #502039 Tue Aug 02 2016 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>