RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Lee's 2007 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

LeeD M3

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Lee's 2007 TDV8

Hi all, a newbie to the world of Range Rover but not online car forums, so knowing how valuable they are thought I would join this one aswell Very Happy

Like many I consider myself a 'petrol head' and with a need for speed, so to avoid terrorizing the local neighbourhood and looking like a sad 36yr old boy racer i've developed an addiction to track days over the last few years. 5 BMW M3's later and each one being a bit less road friendly than the last, decided to retire my current car from daily duties and find a replacement that could accommodate both weekend pimping duties and towing a trailor.

Naturally this led me to the RRS family and after formulating a buyers guide from searches on here (thanks everyone) decided on this 2007 TDV8, 70, 000miles, 2 owner in black with ivory leather. 200mile drive back on Saturday and so far I am more than impressed Very Happy

Of course Sunday started with cleaning duties, followed by replacing the weathered badges and shopping list SPORT-HSE-V8 with something a bit less rover, and finished with some shameless whoring.

Hope you like and thanks for all the advice so far Thumbs Up

Post #459923 Mon Apr 20 2015 9:17pm
NnilSwerdnA

United Kingdom 

Love that interior mate - well played

Post #460122 Wed Apr 22 2015 11:26am
BKHK

Australia 

Nice clean looking unmolested RRS. Get some routine maintenance done and check out the common issues and it could be a keeper.

Post #460140 Wed Apr 22 2015 2:21pm
Sag

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Looks great Thumbs Up LCFC. Receiver of threatening letters from Overfinch.

Post #460145 Wed Apr 22 2015 3:52pm
LeeD M3

NnilSwerdnA wrote:
Love that interior mate - well played

Thanks bud, appreciated. It did help in pushing me to buy it Very Happy

BKHK wrote:
Nice clean looking unmolested RRS. Get some routine maintenance done and check out the common issues and it could be a keeper.

Will do BKHK, spent the last few days reading old threads in the maintenance section.I'm going to colour code the bottom of the bumpers and skirt, but other than that it will remain standard...I think

Oh and cheers Sag Thumbs Up

Post #460165 Wed Apr 22 2015 7:28pm
LeeD M3

1st Fix

Probably the only thing I didn't check when the buying the car a few days ago was the 2nd latch for the upper boot opening and guess what, it didn't work Rolling Eyes

Searched few of the old threads on here and discovered that in most cases the problem was just a faulty micro switch, so ordered a new switch, fitted it with crossed fingers and it worked. I managed to fix something Very Happy Very Happy

Old unit looking a bit worse for wear, and the new 1 showing the part number if anyone needs it...

2nd job

More to improve the aesthetics than anything else as I hate scabby wheel arches and dirty looking calipers so bought some new caliper paint from foliatech. I'm not into lairy colour calipers and especially on a RRS so picked a colour to close match the side vents. Also decided whilst I was risking the car being in the air to scrub the arch liners with G101 and clean the chassis rail a bit.

Another win for me which made a sunny afternoon on the drive quite enjoyable Very Happy

Just the rears to do next week now. Thanks for looking Thumbs Up

Post #460585 Mon Apr 27 2015 1:06pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Sport looks fab, and nice to see a fellow M Power owner here too Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #460600 Mon Apr 27 2015 5:36pm
LeeD M3

Thanks buckster, appreciated mate.

I'm yet to drive anything that feels quite as special as an 'M' car, e39's being no exception...good choice Sir Very Happy

Post #460944 Fri May 01 2015 8:48pm
jeffhunt

United Kingdom 

Callipers look ace. Looking to paint mine, not sure of what colour, might go similar to yours.
thanks for the pics.

Post #460965 Sat May 02 2015 9:57am
LeeD M3

Not much to update since the last thread, the RRS is being kind and giving me some free non hassle motoring...for now atleast Very Happy

Have also decided to sacrifice speed for comfort on this year's Le man trip for the 24hr so guess what got 'stickered up' and ready for the trip?

Post #464171 Tue Jun 09 2015 7:19pm
JoKa

Finland 

Bow down

Post #464547 Sun Jun 14 2015 9:05pm
LeeD M3

I can't believe it's been 10 months already since I last posted, i'd quite like to say it's been all fun and hassle free motoring, but, well, inevitably it hasn't Rolling Eyes

I'll put the updates in order so it atleast starts with some good news...

July 2015

The trip to le-mann for the 24hr in June was epic as always and I even nearly managed to keep up with some of the other cars in our convoy, for anyone who is yet to go I would highly recommend it, 3 days camping with mates whilst watching a 24hr race in the woods...perfect Thumbs Up

A few more miles on the clock then so I had MJA Landrover carry out a major service on the car including fitting new discs and pads.

October 2015

For other than a constant battle with swirl marks the paintwork on the car was pretty good and unmarked except for small dent on passenger door, hardly noticeable in most light but enough to rattle my OCD slightly Evil or Very Mad The M3 has now been retired from track abuse and turned into agarage queen, but the fresh paint I had on the front end looked so good I ccouldn't not get them to sort the range.

[URL=]

[/URL]

[URL=]
[/URL]

[URL=]
[/URL]

[URL=]
[/URL]

Decided to get the updated front grille and sidevents at the same time as getting the bodyshop to colour code the rear boot strip, mirrors and door handles. Also replaced the badges so everything looks nice and new again Evil or Very Mad

[URL=]
[/URL]

Thanks for looking, I'll add the rest shortly

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #492843 Tue Apr 05 2016 9:00pm
Sit

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Lovely car, how did you find economy on route to Le Mans?? It's not a trip I have done yet but very tempted, Inbet the journey was ever so comfortable!!!

Anymore updates on this? Love reading a good build diary/blog.

Si

Post #500754 Wed Jul 13 2016 8:21pm
Thehos

United Kingdom 

Nice mate, I'm looking to make the jump as well, e46 m3 atm, this is my third e46 and also had a e92

I'm wanting the tdv8 as well, how does it go?

Post #501589 Sun Jul 24 2016 10:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1