RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Opinions needed. "Possible" drunk crashed into sta
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #497386 Mon May 30 2016 4:01pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Quick update if anyone is interested and from my perspective things have gone from bad to worse.

A couple of days after accident the car was shipped off to Hardwoods repair centre near Croydon where it has languished for the past month supposedly being fixed as per direction of the insurance company. A month seemed like a long time but I waited patiently as I preferred for the job to be done properly and I guess there was a lot to check and repainting panels may take time.

The car was transported back to me today and on first inspection all I can see is some new and significant scratching on the passenger door that wasn't caused by the accident and wasn't present before the car went to Harwoods. Of course before the car was delivered back to me I had to pay the excess of £450 for no fault of my own.

WTF!

I cannot believe that Harwoods, the same dealer who I originally bought the car from, can treat it and me as a customer with so little care and respect.

Anyway I didn't accept the car back and sent it straight back to the dealer but really WTF....

I am now out of pocket for £450, my premium will rise no doubt, I haven't had the use of the car for a month and still don't have it back and in the process it has been further damaged.

Ugh

Post #499218 Wed Jun 22 2016 1:32pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thud Thud Thud Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Takes me back to 2012 when my RRS was dropped off ramp by dealer and returned with overspray and 100 miles of additional mileage after months of Censored about Big Cry

Get onto DP and LRCR - this is totally unnaceptable Evil or Very Mad

How can LR claim to be a premium brand with dealers straight out of Minder run by Arthur Daley characters Rolling Eyes

You have my sympathy Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #499223 Wed Jun 22 2016 2:55pm
spear

United Kingdom 

Wow, I'm amazed you've not picked up more damage to your car and thank god no one was injured (although I wouldn't give a s*h*i*t about the driver of the 3rd party if indeed he was intoxicated).

Could be worse, the bill for the damage sustained on my vehicle http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic43946.html would make your eyes pop out.

Post #499226 Wed Jun 22 2016 3:34pm
jasons

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

When you said Harwoods I was hoping Kent, when you mentioned Croydon I knew where this was going....

I hate them there, when I got my Evoque its was cleaned poorly inside and out, a few days later the plastic key cover fell off, they refused to replace it saying it had been stolen...

Got Ryan on here involved, took months as the senior sales guy was waiting for me to tell him which paint code it was- not like it could be found on their system as they sold it to me..

The clip was actually broken and instead of replacing it they glue it on.

The bottom of the passenger door was also damaged, again same scenario, Ryan again along with the dealer principal.

Have I ever had a follow up? Nope, year later still waiting.

I'd rather push a car past there than ever go in.... 2012 RRS HSE. Firenze Red.

Post #499237 Wed Jun 22 2016 4:51pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

I bought the car in Tonbridge but repair centre is in Croydon. Not that it should make a difference but you would have thought they would make a special effort for their customers. What a joke.

Thanks all for the sympathy. I will be unleashing rocket tomorrow.

Post #499252 Wed Jun 22 2016 10:03pm
wilf

Now you are making me worry about my own car, which is in for repair after a similar "no fault" incident...............

It was totally unmarked (apart from the accident damage) when it went in...............not even a swirl mark in the paintwork. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #499272 Thu Jun 23 2016 8:31am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Today they tried to blame it on our puppy before we mentioned that we have photos of the entire car prior to sending it off at which point they backtracked. If a puppy can cause that level of scratching to a Range Rover then Range Rover have problems with their paint.

The fact that they even try to pass the buck is effing astounding. No doubt they will back to back everything to the insurance company anyway and their initial damage evaluation of the car when it came in would have identified the marks if they had done the job properly. I had a long chat with them to discuss the crash damage at the beginning of the process so if there were obvious scratch marks on the door they would have been mentioned.

Unbelievable really. Harwoods I will not be buying my next car from you.

My only advice to anyone sending their car for repair is to take comprehensive photos inside and out before you let it go.

Post #499296 Thu Jun 23 2016 10:57am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Shocking Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #499297 Thu Jun 23 2016 10:58am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Just to add insult to injury they offered a Fiat 500 as a replacement vehicle.....and I had to go to Croydon to pick it up....

Post #499299 Thu Jun 23 2016 11:35am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thud Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #499300 Thu Jun 23 2016 11:50am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you're a nuisance to them. Time to get LRCR involved if not already on the case. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #499301 Thu Jun 23 2016 12:12pm
Fletcher

England 

I had to drop the wife's vw off last week for some warranty work . The first thing the service receptionist did was to walk around the car with her iPad filming in quite some detail also mentioning each panel she passed has no visible damage.

Post #499310 Thu Jun 23 2016 1:53pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Both Lookers Park Royal and Grange Garage have done that to my cars as well even though they were just in for a standard service. I've also had a dealer up here walk round a loaner car with me before I drove off in it, even though it was an elderly Fiat Panda that was the loaner............ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499312 Thu Jun 23 2016 2:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Gave up trying to buy a car from Harwoods Pulborough - arranged a test drive of a Vogue Autobiography one Saturday, brought along protesting wife and kids and you guessed it car not there (90 minute round trip). Rang them twice and emailed about another car they had on their website, no call back or email response, drove over there again, no salesman bothered to look up from expressionless mouse clicking. Turns out after writing email to their head of business that the car had sold weeks before.

Was promised they'd up their efforts to let me know when new stock came in - two have been on their website for a couple of weeks now and no call...

In the time I have been registered with them I have bought a Defender, an Evoque and the Sport through other dealers.

Others nearby aren't any better - had same experience with Guava and Hunters in Guildford and still waiting for Guy Salmon in Portsmouth to call me to arrange re-spray a door on the Evoque they scratched when in for service in January...

Not sure why I bother sticking with the brand reading the above! Confused

Post #499437 Fri Jun 24 2016 8:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>