RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > LR Trec Day dates now available 2016
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Every time I turned my tablet around the bloody picture did the same thing.
I'm not in Australia, so for the rest of us in the UK. (Hope you don't mind). Thumbs Up

John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #497937 Sun Jun 05 2016 9:23pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yep, great day. Got lots of photos and should have videos too from the dash cam. Will post when I get round to it. For now, all I can say is Auto Terrain Response (TR2) is superb and this ATPC thing is one hell of a tool Bow down May be there are still some uses left for HDC but it seems ATPC has made it obsolete. Made everything so easy it almost got boring towards the end as I wasn't controlling anything other than the steering wheel and the cruise buttons on it most of the time.

Once the car is cleaned, will take a close look to find the million "hedge signatures" it must have received during the day Big Cry Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #497940 Sun Jun 05 2016 9:43pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Looks like you had a cracking day with the weather Camelrock and Fawad. Glad you had a great time on the trec and i look forward to the pics. I would do that Trec again just for the spectacular views on the cliff top over the sea Cool Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #497946 Sun Jun 05 2016 11:00pm
Johnski

Is it similar to the following? I'm going onto a one day LR experience course, two of us, (next month), but you use their car, the same model etc as your own, then spend day, one hour training, (meal etc included) out and about one of their own courses. I've picked the one up in Yorkshire, you experience driving along and up/down Gradients/Water driving/sand/rubble/rocks/muddy drive through forest tracks (they water) etc. Looks a grand day out, and no damage to my own car. Can't be bad. A one off 650 gift, couldn't afford that to often. Whistle Wink John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #497948 Sun Jun 05 2016 11:31pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

More pictures from the day...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Looking at my car as of yesterday, so clean inside out, it is hard to believe what it was up to a day ago. Even the scratches it picked up on the bodywork and plastics all hand polished out. The only remaining evidence: a few scratches on the alloys but the kerb marks from before on 2 of the wheels are far more visible and divert all the attention anyway. Been too lazy to make use of my alloy insurance to get those repaired so I don't think I will be rushing to get these minor scratches out. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #498152 Tue Jun 07 2016 7:54pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Guys, it is so good to see others not scared to take their pride and joy off into the slightly rough stuff, such a pity that so many Land Rover products end up being supermarket carpark queens or having the living day lights polished out of them, when they are so capable away from the supermarket carpark............

Last Sunday I was off-roading in the hills along the south side of Loch Tay with a mixture of every kind of Land Rover from a very early Series2 and numerous Defender/Land Rover 90/110s through ancient Discos, Freelander1's (several of them), a G4 Disco3 and a Disco 4 to several L322 FFRR's to the most expensive car of the day - a 16 Plate Defender 90 Autobiography (yes one of the only 60 run out specials made) ............... 28 cars in all. All they got in the way of damage was very sunburned and a lot of dust, but everyone had a brilliant drive and several learned how to use their TR for what it was meant to do in a very boggy quarry that gave them mud and ruts through a big sand patch to a rock crawl. I'm ashamed to say that my RRS2 was left at home on the drive and I took the Defender but with hindsight the RRS would have been a far more comfortable car in the heat Embarassed

Click image to enlarge
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #498156 Tue Jun 07 2016 8:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Great pictures of the day Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #498160 Tue Jun 07 2016 9:16pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Agreed Tim. Whole day off-roading in a comfortable cabin riding on air suspension didn't tire me one bit. Kids had a little nap in the rear seats in the afternoon which wouldn't have been possible if they were being thrown about in, say, a Defender. The thought of driving back to NW London the same day wasn't stressful either. On top of that, TR2 and ATPC made the whole thing a piece of cake! Having said that, I would like to do this in a low-tech 4x4 to learn some skills. I did my LRE in Eastnor in a Defender in Jan/Feb and it was quite fun too. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #498164 Tue Jun 07 2016 9:51pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Bow down

I'm looking forward to giving mine a good work out at the Land Rover party in October via the Pyreness, but hopefully DRRob will dig his Sailsbury Plain maps out so we can have a play over there soon Whistle Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #498228 Wed Jun 08 2016 6:52pm
Johnski

Camelrock wrote:
Could do with some of these tree events up north Confused Plenty of water about Whistle

LR have their experience days on their course in North Yorkshire, you can do the various runs/courses with your own car,
or have the half or whole day experience with their cars, generally have similar model to what you own, just newer. Wink John

Post #498233 Wed Jun 08 2016 7:22pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Compiled a video of some sections:

Please ignore the incorrect date/time in most of the video. This is due to me swapping the SD Card but the camera not automatically syncing date & time despite being in satellite range.

Double speed time lapse version here if 12'45" is too much. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #498467 Sat Jun 11 2016 7:08pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Great video, goes to show that you don't have to get your car covered in mud or drive through gorse bushes to have a great day out on the lanes, just wish we had the access to tracks up here that you have down south as there are no public rights of way in Scotland and you must have the land owner's permission to take a vehicle onto it............ Big Cry Hence why we tend to do green laning with a club which can cause a problem with numbers of vehicles.... The run I did last Sunday at Killin was behind locked gates, with a written permit from the land owner but there were 28 Land Rovers......... That really upsets walkers who have right to roam, especially if the weather has been dry for a few days and the tracks get dusty. What it does do though is ensure that the tear away element don't misbehave as they know that only 1 complaint will get the club banned by the land owner. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #498469 Sat Jun 11 2016 7:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

So true Tim, all it takes are a few irresponsible idiots during of piste to get the antis up in arms. Unfortunately it seems to be happening more and more. Even LRE are not spared from revved up ramblers as they'd had problems on one of the Devon treks. It was very dry and dusty when we where out and there where a few ramblers looking a little grey and coughing and spluttering by the time we'd all driven past... 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #498479 Sat Jun 11 2016 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234