RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > 2005 Supercharged First Edition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

ilard

United Kingdom 

I think it would be a crime to change the grille. Do not commit a crime. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #497156 Fri May 27 2016 7:33pm
Orange RRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

I have bought a used A/B type grille which should appear early next week, not sure if it will suit the car yet, if not may just tidy up the original
Going to need some sort of spare wheel, guessing I will need a full size due to the brenbos on the front and a winch to hold it up.
It's not all bad news found 26p under the rear seats when hoovering it out this afternoon.

Post #497162 Fri May 27 2016 8:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A reduced section alloy was standard so you might have to approach the garage and ask for the spare that should have been with the car............... Winch is missing? Sounds like the wheel thieves have attacked the car as they have to attack the winch to remove the spare, so you will need a new winch and then an RLD spare wheel protector - often for sale on this forum or on www.disco3.co.uk 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #497166 Fri May 27 2016 8:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I found £4 under the passenger seat mount.

Nice car BTW. Shame someone has fitted those driving lights though

Post #497196 Sat May 28 2016 9:30am
Orange RRS

I can live with driving lights for now, thinking about turning the spotlight in to a DRL if I can get an LED bulb in it. I don't think they ever worked before as there wasn't a fuse fitted.
Starter motor only works when it's in the right mood, going to have a go at replacing the contacts and plunger inside it, seems too good to be true for £15 off eBay.
It's got cheap tyres fitted, any suggestions on a decent looking and performing tyre for mainly road use. Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2005 Supercharged First Edition
2013 Evoque

Post #497197 Sat May 28 2016 10:35am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Tyre wise, for reasonable cost I like the General Grabber AT (all terrain) F/E/73db or Grabber GT. E/C/73db for just main road use with minor off road use. Many reviews have given these tyres excellent reviews.
You can of course spend twice as much and go for major brands like Michelin Latitude Sport 3, Continental 4x4 Sport Contact or Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #497200 Sat May 28 2016 11:00am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Is the AT a high enough speed rating for RRS S/C? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #497201 Sat May 28 2016 11:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

For the Supercharged model most probably not. The tyre I have is 275/45/20 and is limited to 130mph H rating, but in all honesty unless I'm in Germany or Test Tracks no chance of doing near those speeds so completely safe to fit.
The Continentals that came fitted on car I thought were over the top at 186mph Y rating, as you can save money by going down a couple of grades, couldn't see the point in paying for a speed the vehicle has no chance of getting near. Smile
What do others feel about this?
The GT version is much higher speed Y rating great price at £111.00 fitted. Wink John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #497204 Sat May 28 2016 12:30pm
Orange RRS

I thought a S/C was limited to 130 mph, the speedo only goes up to 140. All the Low budget tyres seem to have really high speed ratings. The Landsail tyres that are on it are ZR and M&S rated. They seem ok so far but I will change them at some time. I will have a look at the Grabber AT's but might grab a set of Cooper LTZ's for the winter.
As I live in Lincolnshire, the county the motorways forgot Laughing there is a lack of decent roads, the nearest dual carriageway is 40 miles away. So can't really see me getting it above 120 mph too often !!!
I have driven lots do Defenders with 20 inch Cooper LTZ's but not a Range Rover, wondering how noisy they are on a Sport.
Just sold a 110 that was fully sound proofed with Cooper STT tyres and really don't want to hear tyre noise below 60 mph. Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2013 Evoque

Post #497209 Sat May 28 2016 2:41pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Good idea about converting the lights to DRL.

Is there not a switch for them to the left of the revcounter ?

Post #497212 Sat May 28 2016 4:45pm
Orange RRS

Yes there is a switch but they are wired through main beam so it only really switches them off. I will see what type of bulbs are in them and see if I can get a decent LED one for them and just wire them up to a DRL controller. Using the switch to turn them off if ever required. Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2013 Evoque

Post #497213 Sat May 28 2016 4:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12