RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > 4 Months on
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
4 Months on

Well after seeing RRUK's comments I thought I may as well add my tuppence worth of my experiences so far with my RRS TDV6HSE. First of all I would like to say that this car is so good. It's so smooth that I may not get the Turbochip upgrade as I have developed a liking for cruising at legal speeds. When I decided to buy the RRS what I wanted was 'ride' which means comfort and handling together.This car is so comfortable and although I don't have Dynamic Response the handling is excellent( thanks tim for recommending the TDV6 without DR). I have not had any problems whatsoever.The car has been perfect.Off road The Terrain Response is very impressive. I use it to buy the bread and the newspaper in the morning I just LUV IT!!!!! All my mates are happy for me and love the car. I am now a fully converted RR fan Love Big Brother but it is too big for me. The sound system in my car is very,very good with lots of Bass. Up til now I have done 10000 kms and I have a constant smile on my face Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Now if I had the Supercharged Wink Wink Wink I probably wouldn't have my license!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy For anyone considering buying a RRS I have had no problems with my car and I am not even going to say touchwood. Wink Wink Wink GO AND GET ONE You won't stop driving it. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #5811 Thu Nov 24 2005 6:15pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I have developed a liking for cruising at legal speeds

You and me too - I found myself driving at 50mph on a 70 this evening - I'm just happy to cruise in this car! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #5824 Thu Nov 24 2005 10:21pm
Mr G in NYC

United States 

2 Months on..........ditto your sentiments on the RRS.
I have the SC model so just waiting to lose my licence
any day now !!!!!!!! LOL

Post #5835 Fri Nov 25 2005 12:04am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Ditto , Ditto , Ditto

I too ( even in my supercharged ) find my self tootling along - it really is a relaxing enviroment in the Ssppoooorrrrrrrrrt  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5837 Fri Nov 25 2005 12:39am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Many owners of the bigger RR have also noted the same situation with their cars. All hell might be breaking loose outside, and they would have been driving like a madman in any other car but the LR's interior has a very calming effect!

I remember posting about this on the RR.net site and how the inside was so pleasant and relaxing that it was a pleasure to drive it less quickly just to stay in there longer! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Nov 25 2005 10:54am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #5854 Fri Nov 25 2005 9:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Maybe we're just getting old. Pass me my pipe and slippers! Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #5860 Fri Nov 25 2005 10:26am
Tim in Scotland

There is only one way to make it totally relaxing to be inside an RR or RRS, but it would take all the fun out of owning them................. get a chauffeur Cool 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #5867 Fri Nov 25 2005 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr G in NYC

United States 

There are quite a few chauffered RR's here in NYC.....+ the very lux
Maybach + Bentleys and Rollers + my neighbor has a chauffer for a
4x4 Acura MPV ?? !! What's with that ? Ah well different strokes for
different folks !

Post #5880 Fri Nov 25 2005 1:59pm
Lee1977

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Having owned mine for just over a month and coming from a bmw 330d I can say that the quality of ride and comfort I find myself enjoying cruising along rather than drive it like I stole it as was the case with the bmw Very Happy Very Happy

Looking forward to many more relaxing journeys in it Very Happy Current RRS MY2012 HSE Lux 3.0 SDV6 Orkney Grey
Gone Audi A6 Salon 2.ltr Black Edition Daytona Grey- disappointing needs 6 cylinders
Gone RRS MY2010 HSE 3.0 TDV6 Stornoway Grey - written off!!
Gone BMW 330d M Sport - Epic engine still missed

Post #495584 Tue May 10 2016 4:54pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Yes there is very little that can beat it .

Post #495610 Tue May 10 2016 10:17pm
Tim in Scotland

So few replies since this post was started in 2005! ! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #495624 Wed May 11 2016 7:24am
tom0311

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Well I love mine Smile Only had it a month, and the first week it was in the garage, but 1000 miles later it is good as gold. Even with the original outdated interior I still prefer sitting in it over my 2015 C250 (which is very luxurious and full of technology). There's something about it that feels relaxing and grand. The arm rests add to that as well, I think. I got the 2.7 v6 which is not quick but does get away from the lights just fine, surprisingly well to be honest, and as I do so many miles I am happy with cruising at 70 anyway.

There's no better seating position out there for back problems either, which I've been cursed with for years. My next car will be an RRS too, I hope. Perhaps the latest first gen before they got rid of all the mean angles and gave it the smooth sport back which takes away the attractiveness for me.

Post #495643 Wed May 11 2016 9:13am
wse1961

England 

Well I have had mine two months. Been back in the dealers for an ad blue issue twice, once for 4 days. now waiting for the breakdown service (3.5 hours and counting late) as the gearbox has developed its second fault. Im starting to lose faith. Shame as this is such a fantastic car when it works. It makes me feel good when I drive it. I may be shallow but its great for the ego. I chose aruba with ivory interior, bit blingy possible but I think it looks fantastic. But I do live in Essex. Range Rover have phoned me 3 times now to tell me he will be late, informative but it doesn't help. I might log this with RR. Incase something else goes wrong and I might try to reject it.. The guy has now turned up, ill put this on hold and let you know what his answer is. Well the gearbox is faulty and it needs to go in AGAIN...Brilliant

Post #496622 Fri May 20 2016 4:37pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Another latecomer to the party but for what it's worth......
Had my 2005 RRS 4.2 SC for 4 months now and am always looking for an excuse to drive it. I live in London so don't use it most days for work and the Mrs only uses it to take the daughter to school down the road.

But last weekend we drove from London to Falmouth (about 300 miles) and took 5 and a half hours in traffic, me the Mrs, the daughter, the dog, the luggage...... It was sublime. So comfortable, no stretching when we got out to fill up every few miles! No aches, pains just total relaxation and when we had the chance had some fun with an SVR for about 60 miles on the lovely A roads. Always felt safe and confident even in the twists and turns.

The car didn't miss a beat and I already want to go again, just for the journey!!!

love it!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #518717 Thu Feb 23 2017 3:37pm
tom0311

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Not been on here a while, but I got an email when scrumpy posted. Done 16,000 miles in it now. Only thing I've had done since beginning of May last year is 2 new tyres and 1 EGR valve replaced. Good as gold other than that. Solid 30mpg. Full service next week.

There's a chance my 82 mile a day commute might be dropping to 4 miles, so I'm now looking at switching to a 4.2.

What's the power like scrumpy? Good through the range?

Post #519227 Mon Feb 27 2017 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>