RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY 4.2 1st edition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red
MY 4.2 1st edition

well friends, 10 o clock tuesday morning and i will be collecting my car from showroom. everything is ready and waiting so won't be getting much sleep tonight !
will get some reports in soon but don't expect me to be sat at pc tomorrow night !

Andrew

Post #423 Mon Jun 20 2005 8:00pm
Biggles

England 

Congrats Andrew,
Hopefully my 2.7 TDV6 will be here next week, pending any more delays by the dealer.
Let us all know how she rides. Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #424 Mon Jun 20 2005 8:54pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Good for you, Andrew!!
Would like to know from you what's so great about 1st Edition - mine will be delivered late July and, other than the additions, I have no idea what the 1st Edition is! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #426 Mon Jun 20 2005 10:39pm
Biggles

England 

Andrew,
Youve gone very quiet, is it that good your'e lost for words Smile . Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #459 Wed Jun 22 2005 3:10pm
Bobby

Biggles wrote:
Andrew,
Youve gone very quiet, is it that good your'e lost for words Smile .

Yes, Andrew - what's up man? Its Thursday morning here now and no news from you. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #461 Wed Jun 22 2005 10:47pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Yes it's 1.00am Thursday here now too....... Shocked

I can only presume he's gone out in it and not got back yet Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #463 Wed Jun 22 2005 11:52pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

hi folks

yes i have got it and it is very very nice, gets noticed on the road and parked outside work. the book says 3000 revs for first 600 miles so can,t clog it yet but still does 85 on road at 2000 revs. would i much rather be driving around with aircon set at 16 or at work.....just logged on at work and thought best let you know it's superb. get a few miles done at the weekend and then the fuel gauge really will go down but then if i were concerned about that i wouldn't have bought it would i ! i'm sure it's quieter than the demo i drove 2 weeks ago but that's probably due to the fact that we haven't had the blower screeming yet so will find out soon .

if anyone looks at the java black pictures on the land rover web site and thinks it doesn't look that good, which i myself did a few weeks ago and thought "oh no" then see one in the flesh and you will soon realise it is a piece of outstanding engineering and looks the dogs ********.

will get a photo up soon

Andrew

Post #465 Thu Jun 23 2005 12:22pm
Biggles

England 

Andrew,
Thanks for the small report, looking forward to hearing more about the suercharged and how its doing. Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #466 Thu Jun 23 2005 1:29pm
Bobby

Thanks for the short writeup, Andrew. For a while there we were getting worried of your whereabouts!! Hopefully you'll have more to tell us the next time around and also some pictures.
By the way, I was told the 1st Edition Supercharged does not come with the Active Cruise Control - can you confirm this?
Other than the Stormer wheels, black oval badge on a different grill - what else is there to differentiate your 1st Edition from the rest? Malaysia Boleh!

Post #485 Fri Jun 24 2005 1:16am
Biggles

England 

Hi Bobby,
Andrew will probably tell you better than me as he now owns one, but the 1st edition as do all 4.2sc will come with ACC as standard.
Also the first edition will include the option of vesuvius orange paint, limtited edition carpet mats, bright tread strips, stormer alloys, black oval badging, Dark oak trim and as far as I am aware special perforated sports leather seats.
If any body out there can add to this or correct any errors let us know. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #487 Fri Jun 24 2005 7:09am
Bobby

Hi Biggles,

Kind of you to help me out. I am awaiting my 1st Edition Java Black/Ebony Sports Leather. Delivery is supposed to be late July but after reading your posts I am a little worried!!
Anyway, unlike you guys in the UK, we here do not have the benefit of seeing or test driving an actual unit before placing an order. In fact, as of now, there is no RRS in this whole country yet!
As someone has rightly pointed out (in this forum I think), I know more about this vehicle from this site than from the local dealers. And there's only one dealer for the whole country!!
Till today I have not seen any catalogue etc. So hopefully you'll understand my situation.
Thanks for all that info. We were given the impression here that the 1st Edition is a one-off special thing. There's supposed to be only a few hundred units built for the whole world (and my country is allocated only 3 units). Therefore owning one of these is supposed to be special (I'm one of the three!!). Is this correct? Malaysia Boleh!

Post #490 Fri Jun 24 2005 8:26am
Biggles

England 

Bobby,

The 4.2 sc first edition is something special, but to give it that exclusivity I would have one in vesuvuis orange imo, this is a great colour and really sets the car apart from the rest.
If I get the chance I will scan the brochures that we have had in the UK and some material I recived at a Land Rover invitation evening and post them on the forum.
Tim from Scotland has posted some great stuff so far regarding accessories, have you seen these in the gallery Question . Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #491 Fri Jun 24 2005 8:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Vesuvious is a magic colour but .................................... I think it will be difficult to sell on a few years down the line. It is a bit too distictive and I fear it will date quickly. Had one parked behind me in the airport carpark when I got back from Holland last night and it IS a fantastic colour
ACC is also optional on the lesser models at a price, like Dynamic Response.

Have also got round to fiddling with the trip computer which is a nice toy but not as user friendly to reset and operate as the one in my RR. Everything is done using a button on the end of the indictator stalk......... in the big RR it was all done in the radio display using the preset buttons for the channels as the selectors............ much easier than scrolling through the display using the button on the end of the stalk and then using the stearing wheel buttons for the volume and preset controls.

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Jun 24 2005 12:52pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #493 Fri Jun 24 2005 8:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Yes Biggles, I have seen the stuff posted here - great things! In fact I have provided some information that I picked up here to the guys at Land Rover!

I agree about the Vesuvious colour but I will tend to side Tim in Scotland that Vesuvious is a magic colour but .... .

I thought long and hard too. The 3 units for my country were 2 Vesuvious/Ebony Sports Leather and 1 Java Black/Ebony Sports Leather. 2 things came to mind, (1) all three units were the "special 1st Edition" and (2) there's 2 Vesuvious and 1 Black. So among the "specials", the Black unit will be the more special!!

Of course, the main consideration was that the Vesuvious colour, no matter how exclusive, will not be that popular for long. Purely a personal belief. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #495 Fri Jun 24 2005 9:34am
Bobby

Andrew,

You OK, man? Not heard from you ..... its Saturday 6:30AM here already and you've still not posted your pictures, reports etc.

We're waiting! Don't go silent on us again!! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #520 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>