RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > How often do you check your tyre pressure?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

harrij07

Switzerland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green
How often do you check your tyre pressure?

Today I decided to check my tyre pressures after noticing odd driving behaviour of my vehicle. The car was skittish at times, and got me thinking about purchasing new summer tyres. Living in Switzerland I had changed from Winter wheels to Summer (I have two sets of rims). My local garage changed them over and off I drove. Instead of 33 PSI front and 36 back,my pressure gauge reported 48 PSI all round... WTF...

I rectified the problem, and went for a smoother altogether more comfortable and reassured drive.

On the bright side, I believe my tyres are good for at least another Summer.

Keeping the pressure gauge in the glovebox from now on.

Will probably fit tyre pressure sensors when the next tyre change arrives.

J

Post #494931 Mon May 02 2016 12:51pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I always check mine every five days for tyre pressure, unless anything indicates a fault with tyres, and a quick visual check each morning before driving off.
I ever trust the muppets in tyre places on tyre changes or new purchase, always check them myself, as even after asking are they set correctly they have never been right on checking. If they don't know the correct pressure, or can't read the plate on drivers door, then they should ask, or warn you to check them yourself. It's the thing that keeps you in contact with the road and should be set right! John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #494933 Mon May 02 2016 1:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Despite having TPMS on my L494 I still check mine weekly, as well as a check for tyre damage and I always check the pressures and tyres before going back on the Tarmac after off-roading. So far my TPMS and tyre pressure gauge have been quite close in their readings but old habits die hard!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #494950 Mon May 02 2016 3:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

The only problem with the TPMS is it generally fails to show a slow puncture, according to Hatfields LR Dealerships,
Offered as an option for me to fit, but as I always check every 5 days or before a long trip, couldn't warrant the cost at the time. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #494951 Mon May 02 2016 3:33pm
harrij07

Switzerland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green
Is TPMS worth the trouble and cost to fit

Thanks for the replies. A lesson learnt for me. I will be on it from now on. The difference in the drive is remarkable. Fortunately I hadn't driven too much.

Was looking at a bluetooth TPMS system...not too serious just yet. Is it worth it?
J

Post #494992 Mon May 02 2016 7:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1