RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Scottish Green Road Club outing April 17th
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Scottish Green Road Club outing April 17th

If you live in Central Scotland or will be coming north for a weekend away from home and fancy some gentle offroading on private trails and tracks in Central Scotland then the SGRC runs some very good and very popular days out on forest fire roads, Hydro and Water board tracks throughout Central Scotland and into the southern Highlands. The runs out are always on private roads with a permit from the landowner and are often behind locked gates. The next run is on April 17th in the hills between the West shore of Loch Lomond and the mated Loch Sloy Hydroelectric Pump Storage dam and the area around it. These are non damaging events (unless you do something particularly silly!) and are aimed at people who have never taken their Land Rover offroad before. They are very gentle, family orienented drives through stunning scenary in any Land Rover product. Participation in your first run is free if you take out lifetime membership at only £20 per driver and there is also a family membership. The club also operates the Scottish Green Training club for those who would like to be a bit more adventurous and try something a bit more serious in the knowledge that there will be a) Instruction in how to drive your car on the sections, b) plenty of people who will take you round a course in their car to "walk" you over a site c) all events are governed my MSA rules and covered by their block insurance and d) there is always someone with a winch that they would love to use it to get you "unstuck" should the worst happen!. If you would like to see photos of what we get up to and fancy joining in then print off a membership form from the club website at www.scotgrc.co.uk and bring it along to an event and join us. You have to be a member of the SGRC to join in any of the SGTC events unfortaunately, under the MSA rules. No one is bothered that you haven't been offroad before and even though you will find loads of "tricked up" Defenders in the photos most of those are member's everyday commuting to work cars as well as their weekend toy so they don't want to damage then any more than you want to damage your RRS. I have taken my previous RRS's and the present on 22" wheels and tyres ,FFRR's, my Defender and one of my 2 Evoques on SGRC runs, only my Def 90 goes on the SGTC events as they can be damaging if you try some of the more extreme parts of the sites that we use for those events. We don't like you to damage your car any more than you, so SGRC runs are mostly on gravel,cobbled or tarred trails and don't venture into the real offroad stuff (although there is usually somewhere that the mad folks like me can have a bit of fun in the mud or on a rock crawl, but nobody is required to take their car on those side tracks as part on a day out). 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Apr 12 2016 7:39am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #488554 Mon Feb 22 2016 8:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim, there's an errant i in that web address. Thumbs Up [edit: I see you've found it Laughing ]

Sounds like a good day out but a little far for some of us sassenachs unless we can get a long pass out from management! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #488556 Mon Feb 22 2016 8:58pm
Tim in Scotland

So you book the good lady into the 5Star Lomond Caslte Hotel and resort for the weekend.............. she can indulge herself in their spa and treatment centre while you indulge your need to drive offroad! Easy.......... I'm sure that she would enjoy a day out driving in some truly stunning scenery though 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #488711 Tue Feb 23 2016 9:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My "day down on Exmoor on a Trek day" has already cost me a week in a cottage. Don't go giving her ideas! Big Cry

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #488727 Tue Feb 23 2016 10:08pm
Tim in Scotland

Just a reminder if you are in Central Scotland this coming weekend 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #493310 Mon Apr 11 2016 3:45pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: Scottish Green Road Club outing April 17th

Tim in Scotland wrote:
If you live in Central Scotland or will be coming north for a weekend away from home and fancy some gentle offroading on private trails and tracks in Central Scotland then the SGRC runs some very good and very popular days out on forest fire roads, Hydro and Water board tracks throughout Central Scotland and into the southern Highlands. The runs out are always on private roads with a permit from the landowner and are often behind locked gates. The next run is on April 17th in the hills between the West shore of Loch Lomond and the mated Loch Sloy Hydroelectric Pump Storage dam and the area around it. These are non damaging events (unless you do something particularly silly!) and are aimed at people who have never taken their Land Rover offroad before. They are very gentle, family orienented drives through stunning scenary in any Land Rover product. Participation in your first run is free if you take out lifetime membership at only £20 per driver and there is also a family membership. The club also operates the Scottish Green Training club for those who would like to be a bit more adventurous and try something a bit more serious in the knowledge that there will be a) Instruction in how to drive your car on the sections, b) plenty of people who will take you round a course in their car to "walk" you over a site c) all events are governed my MSA rules and covered by their block insurance and d) there is always someone with a winch that they would love to use to get you "unstck" should the worst happen!. If you would like to see photos of what we get up to and fancy joining in then print off a mambership form from the club website at www.scotgrc.co.uk and bring it along to an event and join us. You have to be a member of the SGRC to join in any of the SGTC events unfortaunately, under the MSA rules. No one is bothered that you haven't been offroad before and even though you will find loads of "tricked up" Defenders in the photos most of those are member's everyday commuting to work cars as well as their weekend toy so they don't want to damage then any more than you want to damage your RRS. I have taken my previous RRS's and the present on on 22" wheels and tyres ,FFRR's, my Defender and one of my 2 Evoques on SGRC runs, only my Def 90 goes on the SGTC events as they can be damaging if you try some of the more extreme parts of the sites that we use for those events. We don't like you to damage your car any more than you so SGCR runs are mostly on gravel or tarred trails and don't venture into the real offroad stuff (although there is usually somewhere that the mad folks like me can have a bit of fun in the mud or on a rock crawl, but nobody is required to take their car on those side tracks as part on a day out).

This sounds so nice, I enjoyed my run from Edinburgh across Scotland to Loch Ness in a loop via the High Lands. Was driving a M40 X6 at the time. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #493322 Mon Apr 11 2016 9:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1