RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Pentland LR Newbridge Edinburgh
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Angie4m

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Pentland LR Newbridge Edinburgh

Wow! Popped there for the first time today to get some parts which I assumed they would hold in stock like the screws used to hold on the mudflaps and side skirts for the L320, turns out they don't so ordered but God I'm dreading going back.

Did I miss the part in the handbook that advises you park like a noob? Honestly the state of the parking of the vehicles was dire, I managed to squeeze my car (e89 z4) into a space which was barely a space but there was nothing else. I watched a guy try to get a disco 4 into a 'space' across from me next to a FFRR and I did wonder how he may get out if he made it in. It seems both salesmen and test driving customers reverse park but can't do it into an actual space and take up almost 2 marked bays.

Place is rammed with cars in the 'customer parking' area, hardly any 'customers' there. Nobody around to help, thankfully as he was looking at the ewoks (over my dead body). They've got far, far too many approved cars for sale and no wonder, nowhere for potential customers to park. A guy in a M4 came by and although he was trying to have a look the fact there was nowhere for him to park he just drove right out.

Lovely showroom but they need to sort themselves out. I'm tempted to take he RRS when I need to go pick up the parts..........but God knows where I will park. Saying that I do care about the RRS but I would actually cry if someone damaged my baby and it would be 'easier' to find a space for it.

Also tempted to possibly buy another RR very much newer version but if they are the only LR dealership within a decent distance, I'll think again.

Post #491738 Fri Mar 25 2016 6:57pm
URX

Scotland 

Never had any problems with the parking
Returning calls, prices and trade in values ...hmmm welll RRS1 2009 - 2012
RRS1.5 2012 - 2016
RRS2 ...you are kidding right?

Post #491740 Fri Mar 25 2016 7:20pm
Angie4m

Hmmm I've had that before too. Glad to hear it's not any better.

I think they've had quite a few part ex's with possibly a few more to come given the number of cars round the back waiting to be collected and just off the transporter. There was even a couple of cars one a 5GT and a Golf parked on the road across from the entrance marked 'Parts' with the arrow.

Hopefully it'll be better on Wednesday.

Post #491743 Fri Mar 25 2016 7:28pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Parking? Laughing

My car gets abandoned as close to the parts dept as I can get, as they came out and told me to move it from the front of the showroom Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #491745 Fri Mar 25 2016 8:21pm
Angie4m

Wonder why that might be? Laughing Maybe worried a disgruntled customer decides they've found a more reliable Indy Thumbs Up

Post #491747 Fri Mar 25 2016 9:00pm
Disco_Mikey

I don't need to park outside their front door for that Whistle

Post #491749 Fri Mar 25 2016 9:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

40 miles up the M8 there's a better, family owned, franchised dealership at Bannockburn. I've always had great service from them and only large accessories have ever had to be ordered in advance and usually there next day. I've visited Pentland a few times and never had a problem finding a parking slot, but I've never tried to buy anything (new cars or accessories/parts) from them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #491752 Fri Mar 25 2016 9:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Angie4m

If and when I need anything else I'll pop along that way Tim. Thanks for he heads up.

I popped back to pick up the parts on Wednesday and the car park was empty. So I had my pick of spaces.

Oh and disco_mikey my other half seems to think if he asks LR to fix something that they'll do it........I've tried explaining its not always that straight forward these days and an Indy is the better option on an older car. Maybe I need to let him see that for himself Big Cry

Post #492445 Fri Apr 01 2016 5:54pm
Disco_Mikey

If it's any consolation to him, I was an apprentice at an LR main dealer, and factory trained

I see quite a few horror quotes from cars that have been in recently for the towbar recall. I suspect they may be trying to scare everyone into buying a newer model Rolling Eyes

Let's not mention the dealer who condemned a gearbox, for this little issue...

https://www.facebook.com/MMPLandRover/phot...mp;theater

Post #492451 Fri Apr 01 2016 7:08pm
Angie4m

OMG!

I have pointed out to him that unfortunately a lot of younger guys are learning on the job and it's all electronics these days and a lot of reliance on diagnostics to work it out and if not it's always a lot of trial and error at your cost when sometimes the simplest and easiest solution is actually all it needed.

I trust an Indy more because at the end of the day it's your personal rep that on the line. Dealerships get business no matter what because even if most people got crap service they probably won't do anything about it. Sad really.

Post #492456 Fri Apr 01 2016 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1