RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Protection Detail
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Dave777

United Kingdom 

They do not like handing over the car unprepared. Took a lot of talking and emails to get the message around. They left some plastic protection on but it was a few days before the detailer could have it. They left the inside alone so the piano black trim was ok. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #485143 Mon Jan 18 2016 4:55pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

My man (Griffiths Detailing) recommends a Ceramic Sealant finish. Has anyone any knowledge of this particular coating?
http://griffithsdetailing.com/ceramic-coating-services/

Post #485202 Tue Jan 19 2016 9:28am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Had mine coated with Gtecniq Crystal Serum from new

Took four days of detailing and application around 1k and worth every last cent .. Mike at Gem detailing is an absolute Master

16 months on and this stuff is simply amazing ... it does look like it could live up to the 7 yr warranty !!!!

Just watch this video to get an idea of what this coating is like ....

All I do is give it a quick wash followed by a spray of C2V3 and the paintwork feels like silk ... beads like crazy

and despite two washes by my dealer that I expressly told them not to do there's not a swirl mark in sight .

2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #485396 Thu Jan 21 2016 4:34pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Had the car washed today for the first time since the Crystal Serum (Exo Black) treatment. I used a mobile Valet who himself does detailing and gives the car a proper safety wash using Gtechniq product.

He immediately noted that the paintwork was incredible and that he does a lot of RR Sports and that the gloss and shine left after a simple wash was the best he had seen.

Although the Crystal Serum treatment is great, it really was the great single stage polish that Belissimoto did as part of the new car protection package that has really made the difference. I am not really blown away by the exo coating and while there is beading, I wouldn't have it done again given the cost as I get plenty of water marks so it doesn't save me from having to wash the car regularly.

The take away for me is that the single stage polish by a decent detailer like Belissimoto (they were amazing) is a must to get the best out of the car - which is prepped very poorly (I didn't realize how badly until I saw the different the single stage polish made). As for wax vs crystal serum, I think I'd go for the cheaper wax option on my next new car and put the saving towards having the car detailed annually (where they will take stone chips and minor scratches out too which the crystal serum doesn't seem to protect against very well despite the claims it makes the car more scratch resistant - I seem to have a few superficial scratches already on the boot from loading unloading despite being very careful).

All in all I am delighted to have found Belissimito and had the car prepped - even if not completely convinced by the benefits of some of the add-on Gtechniq products.

Post #492354 Thu Mar 31 2016 7:23pm
JKay

Australia 

Sent my brand new Full Fat AB for a full opticoat Pro coating 2 days after taking delivery.

Coating was preceded by a full day of paint correction and removal of swirls and I'm happy.

Gives It a "deeper" wet black look and water simply beads off, as does brake dust off the wheels

I'm happy so far

Before
[URL=]

[/URL]

After
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #492415 Fri Apr 01 2016 11:42am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Picking my (Black, if I've not mentioned it Smile )SvR up next week Thumbs Up
Still not totally convinced I need to spend about £700.00 on the ceramic detailing, might check it out first before sending in the detailer. Its a car, does it really need a piano type finish??? Maybe Question

Post #492421 Fri Apr 01 2016 12:48pm
RRS Oli

Cantona wrote:

Still not totally convinced I need to spend about £700.00 on the ceramic detailing, might check it out first before sending in the detailer. Its a car, does it really need a piano type finish??? Maybe Question

Well worth getting it done i thought, have a look at pics of my SVR 2019 Urban Urus - May Delivery. Gone to the dark side...
2019 RRS SVR Velocity Blue Rejected!
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
RRS1 2011 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography - SOLD

Post #492423 Fri Apr 01 2016 1:48pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

where are the pics Oli?!

Post #492424 Fri Apr 01 2016 1:52pm
RRS Oli

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic43647.html

Not the best photo's, going for a mini valet tomorrow morning as was with it in the UK over Easter weekend so got to really stretch its legs but certainly needs a clean now.

Any questions drop me a PM Thumbs Up 2019 Urban Urus - May Delivery. Gone to the dark side...
2019 RRS SVR Velocity Blue Rejected!
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
RRS1 2011 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography - SOLD

Post #492426 Fri Apr 01 2016 1:57pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks Oli. You have been pm'd.

Post #492428 Fri Apr 01 2016 2:22pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

I agree with JKay, Opticoat is a very good product.......had mine done 2 weeks ago.

I cant personally comment on other products but I understand that Crystal Serum gets good reviews, as noted in previous comments to this thread.

My father lives in the UK and is just buying a new Mercedes. I have been doing some online research for him and found there to be limited Opticoat applicators in the UK but many more Crystal Serum applicators so maybe that's the way to go.

If anyone does know of any Opticoat applicators in the NW england area I would appreciate the feedback. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #492711 Tue Apr 05 2016 1:15am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Cantona wrote:

That sounds expensive to me Cantona.

DeVille detailing in Cheadle Hulme quote £350.00 starting price for a Crystal serum detail. You will get charged more for an SUV plus wheels, but double the price sounds like a rip off to me. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #492712 Tue Apr 05 2016 1:20am
DrFox1969

Australia 

JKay wrote:
Sent my brand new Full Fat AB for a full opticoat Pro coating 2 days after taking delivery.

Coating was preceded by a full day of paint correction and removal of swirls and I'm happy.

Gives It a "deeper" wet black look and water simply beads off, as does brake dust off the wheels

I'm happy so far

Before
[URL=]
[/URL]

After
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Opticoat really does bring out the black paint!!! Looks fantastic.

Did the guy in the L322 parked behind you get jealous!!! :rolllaugh:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #492713 Tue Apr 05 2016 1:24am
JKay

Australia 

😆 no but he won't talk to me for some Reason 😀

It does really bring out the black and I'm still loving it everytime I look at the car!

Post #493017 Thu Apr 07 2016 8:16am
MafroSVR

United States 

Cantona wrote:
Hmm, all a bit worrying. In other words; "Mr Dealer, do not touch the outside of my f***ing car...."
I'm on the case Thumbs Up

When I take delivery, other than electronics, I take everything off on my own with my local detailer. I would not let them prep your car as it will end up costing you more. I use Adam's products. Check them out. They are great! I also use Reload as well by CarPro to keep my finish hydrophobic. Works great! I use it on my wheels too which limits brake dust.

Post #494090 Thu Apr 21 2016 2:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>