Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Ragpickers RRS 08 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ragpicker

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Sumatra Black
Ragpickers RRS 08 TDV8

So picked her up yesterday morning.

1 owner, 126k miles. Full LR service history. Last one 600 miles ago.

Click image to enlarge

better pics to follow. Its contrasted by ivory leather.

So far I absolutely love it! To drive it is like an occasion compared to the old X5. The leather is very supple and delicate. it holds the road well but you can certainly feel the weight of it!

Areas of concern:
1) I believe the UJ is in need of replacement. The steering is notchy at times and occasionally won't re-centre after going around roundabouts.

2) The drivers door doesn't lock. I found this out by accident. Press the button on the Central locking, everything locks apart from the drivers door (but the lock makes a noise). Any ideas here? New lock? New microswitch?

3) 'Front parking distance aid inactive', and no parking sensors working at all. Is this just likely to be one sensor thats shot and knocked the whole thing out? Any hints gratefully received.

4) Had a little look underneath today. Almost directly under the drivers seat on the under-tray there looks to be a large wet area. Not sure if its oil or water. Haven't had chance to take the under trays off yet as been busy with other things. Anyone give me any idea of what this is?

Other than that the engine itself is as sweet as a nut. No untoward noises, no smoke. The suspension goes up and down (although its jerky to do so).

I've got all the fluids and filters to do a good service on it, and the wife wants the side steps, so I've bought a pair of these too. I'll be putting these on and trying to tackle some of these issues over the weekend.

I don't have any complaints about the faults. The car has done a good few miles. I knew when I heard that it had recently been serviced that it would have some issues, but I still think its an awful lot of car for the money I paid and I like a bit of a project. I've gone in with my eyes open and am willing to take whatever comes. The only thing I would balk at is if one of the blowers died, in which case I'd exercise my consumer rights and give it back demanding a full refund.

If anyone can point me in the right direction regarding the issues above I would be very grateful!

Post #491739 Fri Mar 25 2016 7:17pm
URX

Scotland 

The parking sensors is likely the harness in the bumper, both mine needed done under warranty RRS1 2009 - 2012
RRS1.5 2012 - 2016
RRS2 ...you are kidding right?

Post #491741 Fri Mar 25 2016 7:22pm
Mr Rusty

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Nice looking motor. Nothing major in that list. good luck with it all Thumbs Up 2015 RRS AB SDV6, Fuji White, Ivory
2012 RRS HSE SDV6, Sumatra Black and Ivory
Audi A5, 3.0 TDI, Gone
Audi TT, 3.2 V6, Gone
BMW 5 series tourer, Gone

Post #491757 Fri Mar 25 2016 11:18pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

First off welcome to the TDV8 club
The drivers door lock sounds like a weak actuater on the lock, all one piece so will have to change the lock.
Parking sensors you not working so assume sensors are not ticking try reading fault codes but as said above could be wiring.
The leak under the seat could be fuel filter if it's just had a service might just be spillage from when it was changed. There are feed pipes etc in that area so as you say will need checking out with the cover off 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #491762 Sat Mar 26 2016 5:46am
ragpicker

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and helpful replies!

I can see a code reader/diagnostic machine would be a good investment. Does anyone have any recommendations? I see the prices range from a few quid to £300+. In all honesty which one is best value for money?

I would also like to install the reverse park camera. Are there any useful links to how to do this, or where to get one from?

I'll update this thread as I go along sorting the issues as they get done, and more arise.

Post #491772 Sat Mar 26 2016 8:30am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

IID Bluetooth is the reader of choice
Try Island 4x4 shop
Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #491775 Sat Mar 26 2016 8:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1