Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Exhaust on ebay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mattclarky

Wales 
Exhaust on ebay

seen this on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-SU...dZViewItem
Don't mean to be negative but I think it looks a bit chavvy.

Post #4789 Fri Nov 04 2005 12:12pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Your right I too think it looks a bit chavvy. But on the subject I believe there is an exhaust for the sport that resembles that of the Audi RS6 ie. large oval ( bigger diameter than standard fit ). I will do some serching for pic/details etc. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4794 Fri Nov 04 2005 12:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Why do folks like to highlight their tail pipes................. I much prefer the system on my Sport and on the RR that I had where they are hidden awy out of sight under the skirt of the rear valance. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4798 Fri Nov 04 2005 1:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Really? I can't stand hidden tailpipes personally... I love cars that make points of their exhausts. In fact, given the presence of the SC I think its pipes could have been a lot better to look at. The RS6 pipes are lovely... as are the V8 Cayenne pipes. I like the four-pipe sets on the M3/M5 too. In fact the pipes on the E60 M5 are simply stunning to look at!

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4815 Fri Nov 04 2005 4:22pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

The best "pipes" ever - must be those as fitted on the 1974 V12 Etype = Beautifull Embarassed 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4819 Fri Nov 04 2005 4:37pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Really? I can't stand hidden tailpipes personally... I love cars that make points of their exhausts. In fact, given the presence of the SC I think its pipes could have been a lot better to look at. The RS6 pipes are lovely... as are the V8 Cayenne pipes. I like the four-pipe sets on the M3/M5 too. In fact the pipes on the E60 M5 are simply stunning to look at!

Cheers
Steve

I Agree completely..
Was going to have mine done, but am going to wait till there are more suppliers about i think.. its a bit too expensive right now, and that ebay auction looks like a very cheap and tacky alternative!

Post #4830 Fri Nov 04 2005 7:53pm
noddy and bigears

England 
exhausts

Rolling Eyes really need to stand out like a big yankee chrome mobile go to the eminox web site get yourselves two nice S/S stacks put them up the sides go the whole hog with some spotlights across the roof have yourself a nice littlemini truck Laughing

Post #4840 Sat Nov 05 2005 11:01pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

How about just fitting the clamp on chrome ends? Much cheaper and does the same job - doesn't it?
While I wouldn't normally be a fan of showing off the exhausts, seeing the pics in the gallery of owners how have done this, I think it does suit the RRS well, as long as it is subtle and the exhausts don't protrude much further than they should do.
I would like to try and push on or clamp on chrome tips, as I’m not willing to splash out on changing the rear pipes. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4841 Sat Nov 05 2005 11:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

If you find any Matt then let me know as I've not come accross any good ones yet. 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #4843 Sun Nov 06 2005 1:29am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I've been looking into it this evening and searching all evening on the net. The problem is that the exhausts tips on the diesel are oval (72mm x 56mm) and while you could fit a round chrome tip of around 80mm diameter, the length of these are far too long. Ideally it needs one at only 75mm long, but most this diameter are more than twice that - and it doesn't look like you hacksaw them shorter either.

I also found some silver exhaust paint, but that wouldn't look very good.

I think the answer is to what Toodeep did and get the ends cut off and weld some new tips on. See
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=3 Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4844 Sun Nov 06 2005 2:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1