RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > LR Expeirance day at Skipton, North Yorkshire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
LR Expeirance day at Skipton, North Yorkshire

Did my experience day at North Yorkshires centre, had very muddy tracks but sun was out so countryside was glorious. RRS made everything so easy, impressed by how the All-Terrain Response Control works. Here are some photos.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #483005 Mon Dec 21 2015 9:32am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i've done a few there, always enjoy them Thumbs Up

Though those last two photos look like they might have changed it a little

Post #483011 Mon Dec 21 2015 10:34am
udash

Nick, they have moved from previous location to new place June this year, I prefer the new location, lot more natural.

Post #483016 Mon Dec 21 2015 10:58am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Do any of you guys know how long it takes for LR to invite you to one of these Experience Days? When I took delivery of my RRS back in mid-August, the salesman made a big point about getting an invite to attend one of these days in the not too distant future. I am still waiting!!! I have contacted the dealership about this, but they tell me it is all organised by LR centrally. Another promise broken???

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #483020 Mon Dec 21 2015 12:12pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Old Jock contact Land Rover Experience http://www.landrover.co.uk/sponsorship-and...re/uk.html and give them your car's reg. No need to wait for the voucher. I booked mine like that (but received my voucher the day after booking anyway) and going to Eastnor next month. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #483023 Mon Dec 21 2015 12:27pm
udash

I called them as well and booked via reg number, managed to get Sunday slot 4 seeks ahead. On the day I visited all models except Evoques were in the field.

Post #483028 Mon Dec 21 2015 12:51pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Does anybody know have long the vouchers are valid for ? Had one for a couple of years now just not got around to using it... Confused 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #483033 Mon Dec 21 2015 1:09pm
Beancounter_74

England 

I used one that was 18 months old, as long as they can find the reference, they are generally quite accommodating Smile ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #483042 Mon Dec 21 2015 1:53pm
stornoway10

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

We had a run out to the Skipton centre- my daughter had bought an Evoque and enjoyed the event enormously

The weather conditions were shocking when we were there but the made the experience even better and her confidence in the vehicle was enlarged

Reecy

Post #483048 Mon Dec 21 2015 3:30pm
JOCK55

fkarim wrote:
Old Jock contact Land Rover Experience http://www.landrover.co.uk/sponsorship-and...re/uk.html and give them your car's reg. No need to wait for the voucher. I booked mine like that (but received my voucher the day after booking anyway) and going to Eastnor next month.

Thanks fkarim,

Gave them a call in Dunkeld (only centre in Scotland) and am booked up for late January. I might have been waiting forever otherwise!!!

Cheers again,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #483099 Tue Dec 22 2015 12:06pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Old Jock, Dunkeld is a good site, I've been there five times now with various clubs and LRE days, also we were diverted there from Gleneagles Hotel for the offroad test drives of L405 FFRR prior to the public launch as the roads around Gleneagles were deemred to be too dangerous in the snow and ice we had for the test day, yet I managed to drive there in my brand new Evoque................. Ice on the A9, no problem for an Evoque but LR didn't want their 1 day old FFRR's damaged by hand picked customers prior to them being sent off around the UK as demo cars! If you can though, pay for the upgrade to the full day as then if the weather is suitable you spend the morning training in the wood around the Dunkeld Hilton and in the afternnon you move out away from the centre to drive on the Atholl Estates moorland tracks which was afantastic and challenging drive when I last did a full day course up there. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #483107 Tue Dec 22 2015 1:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

Had a SUPERB day at LRE Dunkeld last Monday. Unfortunately their lovely facility beside Butterstone Loch had been flooded out a week or so previously, but they were still up and running and, on the day we were there, were using the facilities in the Hilton Dunkeld for administration and lunch.

A very WELL DONE to all at LRE Dunkeld as you were operating in far from ideal circumstances but still managed to put on a thrilling day of driving. I am now far more aware of what my chosen vehicle can do and how far I can reasonably push the car successfully.

EVERY Land Rover owner should go on this Experience, it is a fun investment of your time.

Photos available on my gallery.

Cheers to all,

Post #485940 Thu Jan 28 2016 1:24pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Only gone and had my half day Land Rover Experience at Skipton, North Yorkshire today.

It's my first experience of these "off road days" and I can truly say what I great experience it was. I never knew just how capable a Range Rover Sport was and what tricks it could pull out the bag. The auto terrain response programme along with the hill descent control made light work of the course. I only wished it had rained a few days beforehand to really show of the RRS skills. Bow down

The hardest part for me was to keep both feet firmly on the floor and away from the brake pedal on parts of the course.

I big thanks to Hayden who was my instructor for the few hours.

Can't wait to collect my new RRS AB in September. However I could never bring myself to treat my new one in this way. But it's always good to know it's there if ever needed Thumbs Up

I am certainly going to go back again. I will look at other courses, as I know Tim in Scotland mentioned how good the Eastnor site is. Also a few others on here have been to other sites so will look to book again in winter and maybe make a day of it with my wife. Whistle

Post #529904 Sun Jul 09 2017 6:40pm
timcom0

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

JOCK55 wrote:
Do any of you guys know how long it takes for LR to invite you to one of these Experience Days? When I took delivery of my RRS back in mid-August, the salesman made a big point about getting an invite to attend one of these days in the not too distant future. I am still waiting!!! I have contacted the dealership about this, but they tell me it is all organised by LR centrally. Another promise broken???

Old Jock
Check with the central booking office on 08006556465 LR

Post #575160 Wed Feb 13 2019 1:20pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

a bit of thread resurrection maybe Whistle

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!