RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Can I be in your gang?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Timf

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Hi Jerseybloke, yes it sounds scary but as a guide, (and not saying its typical of all TDV8's) I bought my 2007 vehicle with 58k on the clock and its now on 125k. In that time I've spent the usual on servicing and tyres, with the following extras:

battery x 2
front wheel bearing x 1
alternator
arc bar bushes
park assist sensor
brake discs x 6

Without looking at copy invoices which are at home, these all add up to circa £3000 but my LR Warranty and WD warranty have covered a good deal. Very reliable so far but hope I'm not tempting fate.

Thumbs Up

Post #471623 Tue Sep 01 2015 4:27pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Lost for Words wrote:
Best thing is to have a poke about under the seats, checking for any dodgy connections or stretched wires. In particular, check the wire down the side of the seat(s) to the seatbelt pre-tensioner. Thumbs Up

A recent thread on the the subject: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic133811.html

Did what you said. Warning light is gone now, fingers crossed it won't show up tomorrow. Thanks! Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #472263 Sun Sep 06 2015 9:22pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #472291 Mon Sep 07 2015 8:01am
Jerseybloke

Jersey 

Well it's been a while since i started this thread and the search took a bit of a back seat but i am finally going to view two cars tomorrow :

2007 TDV6 HSE, 45,700 miles, £16,995 - http://www.bespokeautojersey.com/inventory...automatic/

Slight concern with this one is that it was imported to Jersey in March 2010 but there is no history prior to it being imported. Since then the service history is as it should be. It had new alternator in 2014 and new suspension compressor in July this year. Also, the timing belt and water pump will be replaced prior to sale.

Should i be worried about the lack of history early in it's life? It comes with a 12 month warranty from warranty wise.

The second car is :

2008 TDV8 HSE, 52,000miles, £21,995. No link to advert as not on site yet, it's at the local Toyota/Lexus dealership.

It was registered Jun '08 but didn't receive it's first service till Mar '10 @ 10,766 miles. Since then servicing has been as it should be. New discs, pads, alternator and battery last year. Also comes with 12 month warranty.

I asked why the first service was late. They said that "there is a counter of days or mileage settings for service, it is whatever comes on first"

As far as i was aware the servicing on these is annual or at 15,000 miles and doesn't work on a counter ?

Anyway, i know it's a bit difficult to compare without a link to the second car but would be interested to know if there's anything glaringly obvious i should look out for. I've printed out the buyers guide to take with me and will work through that.

Thanks in advance.

Post #482789 Fri Dec 18 2015 10:13am
Si5974

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Good luck with the viewing Thumbs Up

I had the same concerns as you but I took the plunge (you're only here once) and can honestly say I LOVE my car

It's had an instrument console and a compressor under the LR warranty, which is more work than my last 2 cars had in the whole time I owned them. Would I go back to the old cars? Definitely not

Makes me smile when I'm driving it, can't beat that Very Happy Very Happy 26 Jun 2015 - Just bought my dream car - 😀 2010 RRS HSE
Gone - A5 177 Black edition
Gone -A4 177 Black edition
Gone - Ducati 748 😂
Gone - Fireblade 😂

Post #482792 Fri Dec 18 2015 10:43am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Also, the timing belt and water pump will be replaced prior to sale.

Be sure to add the oil pump to this too. A new suspension compressor is a nice plus if it's an AMK version. Check the alternator was OE Denso or Genuine LR. Thumbs Up

Feedback on Warranty Wise isn't good...

TBH, neither of the cars have full history, which has to be a bit of a concern at least. The LR service schedule is every 15k or 1 year, whichever is sooner (and there is a service interval announcement on this basis), but more frequent is better.

The latter strikes me as being a bit overpriced (especially considering it doesn't have FSH), IMO, though I do realise things are that bit more expensive in Jersey. If that's the price you're looking at, you might be better of looking at a facelift model with a few more miles (again though, I guess a higher mileage vehicle is also harder to come by on Jersey?).

Overall though, I'm leaning towards the first one, but the lack of history is not good. Unless you visit the mainland often, I also can't help but think the TDV8 would be utterly wasted!

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #482801 Fri Dec 18 2015 1:18pm
Jerseybloke

Jersey 

Thanks,
As you say prices can be a bit steeper over here.
You're right, the V8 engine is a touch wasted, but then I guess most cars fall into that category when the speed limit is only 40mph! It just gives me a good excuse to get off the island more than I really need to!

I'll have a thorough look at the service book and see if any receipts/invoices for previous work are available.

I'm not in a mad rush to buy so will walk away if it doesn't feel right and will just have to be patient.

Post #482820 Fri Dec 18 2015 5:19pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

You must get quite a bit of trouble with DPFs and turbos over there? Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #482822 Fri Dec 18 2015 5:40pm
Jerseybloke

Jersey 

Not really sure to be honest.

Although I would prefer a supercharged as I probably only do about 4,000miles per year so could swallow the petrol costs and from what I've read they are a lot less problematic, unfortunately they don't seem to come up for sale very often here.

Post #482825 Fri Dec 18 2015 6:41pm
Jerseybloke

Jersey 

Took the 3.6 TDV8 out first,
Felt really good, went through each point on the buyers guide and it all seemed to check out. Seat bolster was warn and there were a few very minor scratches on paintwork but guess that's to be expected of a 7 year old car, only real negatives were there was some movement in the drivers seat and as previously mentioned it didn't receive it's first service on time. Maintenance since then seems to have been spot on with receipts for extra work done such as new battery and alternator, new discs and pads 5,000 miles ago,

The 2.7TDV6 felt smoother to drive but think that's more to do with not having as much grunt as the V8.
Definitely walking away from this car though as there were a fair few issues. The lacquer was coming off front bumper around headlight washer, deep scratch on drivers door, parking sensors 'inactive', no history from first two years of its life and just generally felt like it hadn't been loved.

Not in a rush but am tempted by the V8 as it generally seems like a good car, not really sure how far the garage will drop on price but may out a cheeky offer in and see what happens.

Post #482945 Sun Dec 20 2015 3:18pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Movement in the driver's seat is a known issue and relatively straight forward to fix. Mine has a little movement and I keep meaning to get it sorted but it's not enough for me to remember to mention at service time. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #482975 Sun Dec 20 2015 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12