RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Acceptable service from a dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Acceptable service from a dealer?

So 3 weeks ago, I dropped my L405 Autobiography in to the dealer to have a paintwork issue sorted out under warranty, who were then going to drive it to their Bodyshop which is about 25 miles away. I would have taken it there myself but I have just been very busy lately with work, plus I wasn't too concerned as I had taken pics of the car so if any problems arise at least I have proof.

So anyway I get a phone call from the dealer 3 days later to say my car was ready. An hour later I arrive at the dealer, and I notice my car parked near the front, so I thought would quickly inspect the car before I collect the keys.

Immediately I noticed the front driver side wing had a number of light scratches however worst of all I noticed the two driver side diamond cut alloys had number of scratches all over, some of which are quite deep.

I then informed the service manager of my findings who quickly took pics of the defects and and said would then contact the bodyshop. So after being messed about by the dealer I contacted the dealer principle by email with my concerns, who has now come back saying that the best they can offer is for one of the bodyshop guys to try and polish the scratches out of the wheels.

However I am not satisfied with their offer and have told them I will not accept a bodge repair and will only accept a full refurb or replacement of both wheels.

I'm Censored off as the wheels are only 5 months old and were in pristine condition and they cost a fortune! All I just want is for the car to be put back in the same prior condition.

Do you guys think I'm being unreasonable?

Some pics of the wheels:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #478726 Tue Nov 03 2015 11:50pm
Spike67

United Kingdom 

No I think you're being very reasonable.

Irrespective of the value of the item(s) - your property has been damaged whilst under the care of the dealer, and so imho it's the dealer's responsibility to put right.

If we send something off for repair and it gets further damaged we put it right - we may then take it up with whoever damaged the item but we are responsible.

I would push and push on this. Park it at the door of the dealer and don't budge Mad

Post #478894 Thu Nov 05 2015 9:31am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

When i used to drop my car off at the dealer for service, i used to point out that my wheels are in mint condition, and i would like them to remain that way. I always inspected my vehicle before dropping it off, and when collceting it. Fortunately, i never had a problem. Good luck on getting this sorted. Thumbs Up

Post #478903 Thu Nov 05 2015 10:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Car should be returned as good or better than when it was in their care so not unreasonable Shocked

Polish is not a fix as they will become visible over time - I had 2 of my first RRS alloys refurbished by local body shop and after a few months the colour faded and they looked Censored

I ended up buying a set of take offs from overfinch through this site to sort Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #478904 Thu Nov 05 2015 10:50am
BKHK

Australia 

I am with Ady, any of my vehicles that go for a service get dated and timed pictures taken and a walk around with the Service Manager.

A couple of years ago, Mrs BKHK's Mini had a big deep gouge / scratch on it when picking it up,from a service. I told BMW that it was not there when I delivered the car that morning. When they disagreed, I showed them the pictures taken that morning at their premises. We got a demo loaner, complete body shop repair, 2 checkered mirror caps from the "store" which she wanted (and still has) and new front brake pads for our inconvenience.

I would go and make a very angry scene at around 5pm when the place is full of customers. You have tried nice, but nice guys come last. Get up 'em!

Post #478916 Thu Nov 05 2015 12:29pm
J2mes

United Kingdom 

Don't get me wrong the turbines can be hard to refurb, however it needs to be right.

Post #489477 Mon Feb 29 2016 8:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1