Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Breakdown Cover - who do you recommend? Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey
Breakdown Cover - who do you recommend? Update

Good afternoon all

I took out a full breakdown cover last year with the AA in my name any car, with additional breakdown insurance parts & labour for a very reasonable £169.00. I have used it a few times and found their service to be excellent.

The renewal has come through for a whopping £346.00 Shocked Shocked

Who would you recommend I consider as an alternative?

Thanks in advance for any responses..

Last edited by 1JBS on Tue Jun 02 2015 4:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #461407 Thu May 07 2015 4:02pm
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi , I found Green Flag to be very good to be honest, (from experience Big Cry ) unsure of any figures though .. Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #461408 Thu May 07 2015 4:05pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just cancel it and take out the same policy with them again online, I've done this for years and never had any problem Wink Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #461409 Thu May 07 2015 4:05pm
fdhadi

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

As Sparky says Thumbs Up

Do it every year. After 2 or 3 yrs you become a silver member and get lots off (free) extra benefits for around £100 more. Just ring them and say you don't want the extra benefits and you will get them for the original joining fee.

Post #461413 Thu May 07 2015 4:38pm
1JBS

Thanks for the replies, I have spoken to them and asked for the best price and it is still £100.00 more Rolling Eyes

Post #461415 Thu May 07 2015 4:49pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
we were insured with Aviva until about 36 hours ago Rolling Eyes and had there breakdown insurance as well it covered swmbo in any car (its not clear with there wording though) and her car for any driver (the RRS) think it has home start as well but would have to check Question

just under £80 Thumbs Up worked for us.

Now got Land rovers 2 year breakdown cover with the car Cool

Post #461484 Thu May 07 2015 9:14pm
Dave435

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

My cover is with the AA however I think greenflag look after there customers better. I believe if they're not with you within the hour they will refund you I think £10. Hope that helps! 👍

Post #461493 Thu May 07 2015 9:50pm
1JBS

Update - I decided to renew with the AA and after bartering on the phone got the price down. I took out Breakdown Repair Cover and had need to use this last week. An engine warning light came on so I called the AA who sent out a patrol who confirmed what I suspected that it was a sticking EGR valve. So he recovered it to our local indie 4 x 4 Matt Nr Reading, he diagnosed the same and contacted the AA who covered it in full under their warranty all I had to pay was the excess of £35.00.
So a big thumbs up for the AA and their cost effective breakdown cover Thumbs Up

Post #463584 Tue Jun 02 2015 4:17pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Had the exact same claim 1JBS and they paid for my EGR, then 12 months later the other side went & they refused to pay for it under "wear & tear" restrictions. Censored

Its all down to how the mechanic words it, the garage need to make sure they don't give them any reason to throw the claim out.

It needs to be made clear its a mechanical failure and not something that has stopped working over time or a build up of carbon etc causing it to stick.

I learnt this the hard/expensive way and always have a word with the garage before a claim to make sure they are going to put it across the right way to get the claim through.

Having said that, I've got this cover on 4 vehicles and have had quite a few successful claims over the years so its always been well worth the money for me.

Sparky Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #463586 Tue Jun 02 2015 4:41pm
1JBS

The Breakdown Repair Cover I took out came in handy again a few weeks ago. An engine warning light came on so I called the AA who sent out a patrol who confirmed what I suspected that it was another sticking EGR valve. So he recovered it to our local indie 4 x 4 Matt Nr Reading, he diagnosed the same and contacted the AA who covered it in full under their warranty all I had to pay was the excess of £35.00.
So another big thumbs up for the AA and their cost effective breakdown cover Thumbs Up

Post #476485 Thu Oct 15 2015 4:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1