RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Possible SVR Order questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRS Oli

Possible SVR Order questions

Hi All,

I am thinking of ordering an SVR but had a few questions that i thought you guys may be able to help me with.

1. Does anyone know what questions they ask for the supposed Due Diligence they do for customers buying an SVR?

2. Anyone manage to get a discount of any substance as so far been told none whatsoever on SVR's only on the normal models

3. What sort of lead times are people being quoted as so far been told possibly Q4 15 but most likely Q1 16!!

4. Has anyone gone for the £4k MERIDIAN sound system option? if so how does it compare to the old RRS1 Autobiography Harmon Kardon System?

I think that is all for now but if you could help on any of the above questions that would be appreciated Thumbs Up

Post #468439 Fri Jul 24 2015 3:02pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Not sure what you mean by Due Diligence in the context of buying the car; I can't imagine there are premiums to be had by selling it on, it's hardly in the GT3 RS league. My dealer didn't ask any particular questions, I was known to them already.

I would have thought discounts would be difficult to come by just as they are for the other cars in the range, though you may pick up a cancelled order or something like that. You might also get some freebies in the way of accessories but I doubt there's any wriggle room. If the dealer can sell every car they can get and more, why offer a discount?

No idea about lead times, 6 months seems reasonable. Those of us in from the start waited 8+ months.

The upgraded Meridian system is by a long way the best audio system I have ever heard in a car and I used to design audio equipment for a living. Lots of power, wide frequency response and rock-solid imaging thanks to the centre channel and the Tri-Field digital signal processing. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #468473 Fri Jul 24 2015 8:51pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Wot e said ^^^^

One customer waited 18 months to the day after paying their deposit to get their car.

Providing the source is up to it, I've heard things in tracks that I've never noticed but listened to hundreds of times before. The Signature system is fabulous.

Have found one problem: I use an iPod loaded with lossless music that also connects to the WiFi. Being plugged in and so on power it automatically downloads iOS updates, which can be over 1GB. This has exceeded the data limit on the SIM I have loaded and cost me several £100 in the few months I've had the car.

Eta: http://www.TOPGEAR.com/car-news/speed-week...-sport-svr 

Post #468486 Fri Jul 24 2015 10:02pm
RRS Oli

Thanks Mark and Phil for that and apologies for not replying sooner.

Dealer has offered me 30K for my 2011 Autobiography which seems reasonable to me given it has done 43K miles and needs new brake pads/Disc's etc.

I have also added the deployable tow bar and wondered if you can notice it once it is tucked away as struggling to find an image online?

Lastly before i push the button on this the final option i am pondering is the surround camera's, are these just a gimmick or are they useful?

Cheers,

Oli

Post #473251 Tue Sep 15 2015 9:53am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I don't have one, but the tow bar is deployed from behind the rear bumper so not visible when not in use. Sally of this parish has one on her SVR.

Surround cameras are a must. The resolution is improved on the MY16 cars, and the ability to provide a bird's eye view. 

Post #473255 Tue Sep 15 2015 10:16am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

RRS Oli wrote:

Dealer has offered me 30K for my 2011 Autobiography which seems reasonable to me given it has done 43K miles and needs new brake pads/Disc's etc.

I have also added the deployable tow bar and wondered if you can notice it once it is tucked away as struggling to find an image online?

Lastly before i push the button on this the final option i am pondering is the surround camera's, are these just a gimmick or are they useful?

Cheers,

Oli
you cannot see the tow bar at all when it is tucked away on my standard bumper. It also deploys very quickly really nice piece of kit for the money 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #473259 Tue Sep 15 2015 10:29am
Aloha

RRS Oli wrote:

Cheers,

Oli

With towbar
http://www.romansinternational.com/profile...93_525.jpg

Without

Post #473267 Tue Sep 15 2015 11:36am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

RRS Oli wrote:

Cheers,

Oli

I agree with all the positive comments regarding the deployable tow bar. Nice piece of kit that is completely hidden behind the rear bumper unless you park facing downhill on a steep slope then the bottom of it is just visible, but it would have to be quite a steep slope!

With regard to the cameras, I have found them to be a gimmick. They work relatively well when the weather is dry but the resolution is poor. However when it is wet, the cameras seem to attract every drip of rain running from your immaculate polished body work and become totally distorted and useless. It is not as if you deploy them when travelling at any speed and have some wind assistance in keeping them clear. I feel my money was wasted because of this.

So, in summary, thumbs up for the tow bar but thumbs down for the cameras!

Cheers,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #473268 Tue Sep 15 2015 11:45am
TDV8Mat

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

As regards ordering time - I have been told last week if I order one now it will be a March 1st 2016 car. I think that was a rough estimate though, because I haven't put pen to paper on a deal yet.

Your part exchange sounds quite favourable too Thumbs Up

Post #473271 Tue Sep 15 2015 12:55pm
RRS Oli

Thanks all for your help

I am happy to say i have finally placed my order with the spec below

Estoril Blue
Ebony-cirrus Interior
22 inch style 108 alloys
Privacy glass
Adaptive headlights
Carbon exterior pack
Carbon interior pack
Homelink
Soft door close
Meridian 1700W sound system
TV with dual view
Surround camera system
Deployable tow bar
Deployable side steps

Anything i missed let me know Thumbs Up

Post #474628 Mon Sep 28 2015 9:13pm
TDV8Mat

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Wow that's a good spec, puts mine to shame lol.

Post #474641 Mon Sep 28 2015 9:56pm
TSLJon

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Very similar to mine.

Surround camera are excellent on MY16. MY15 seem touchy.

Extra large washer bottle for £30! 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE
2013 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE 8 Speed

Post #475893 Fri Oct 09 2015 9:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

on 2016MY the rear camera has a washer jet system too, another reason to go for the enlarged washer bottle 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #475912 Sat Oct 10 2015 9:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1