Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Adams RRS 2.7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

adamsd11

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HST Java Black
Adams RRS 2.7

Hi all,

I'm new here and I've just bought myself a 55 plate RRS. So winding back to the start of this year I had a white e92, loved the car but I was only 19 and I had owned it around 12months so was time for a change. Bought a few cars but nothing seemed right so kept just selling them on, every time I went to change cars I knew I wanted a RRS but people were putting me off with the horror stories, well 2 weeks ago I bit the bullet and did what I should have done in January and purchased the One.

My old wrapped white e92

So here it is, it's the TDV6. Came with the HST kit fitted, Kahn wheels, after market grills, 4 new tyres and recent cambelt and oh and the worlds worst rear lights!

So I got it to a friends house and cleaned it out, spent 2 days polishing the leather, hoovering, removing the TAR and just tidying the car up. The wheels were really bad, brake dust and curb marks everywhere so they were booked in straight away. The car has swirls all over so I've decided to go for another wrap, as it's not much more expensive than a good detail... I've spoken to the company I used and he has offered a great price. So it's booked in for 6 weeks time. The wheels are now black as it will look nice with the wrap but I'm not a fan of this all black, so I'm after some LED facelift lights of anyone knows of any!

I am also putting my Reg pm shortly. Let me know what you think anyway!

Thanks Adam

Post #474852 Wed Sep 30 2015 4:54pm
Philb280

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Looking good - at 19 i was still messing around in old Fords (although they wern't old then). Silver 2007 TDV8

Post #474887 Wed Sep 30 2015 8:41pm
jammin

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

im in west mids just had front and rear led lights makes a big difference

Post #475541 Tue Oct 06 2015 9:50pm
gary3306

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

When I was 19 I was tabbing around the Falklands Sad

Post #475548 Tue Oct 06 2015 10:23pm
adamsd11

Hi All,

Luckily I secured myself a good job at the age of 17 and have managed to hold it down, with cars being my main interest most of my wages each month end up being wasted on them but it looks like it was worth it as I started off with the 1.2 fiesta!

In regards to the RR Ive been working some overtime lately so not been able to update this. I managed to get hold of a set of LED Rear lights and resistors fitted for £215 including delivery so they're now on the car, will update with some photos soon.

Apart from that though the car has sat on the drive. Its booked in at the body shop on the 26th to have a few imperfections sorted and then Its booked in to be wrapped on the 2nd but ill leave the colour until then! All new RR lettering has been ordered and I am still waiting to put my plate on, I hate the DVLA!

Thanks all

Post #476362 Wed Oct 14 2015 2:41pm
SRE

Spain 

I would think twice about wrapped.
Hard to keep clean
Never look as good as real paint that has been polished Big Cry
Jest wash -- well flog that to start with Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #476455 Thu Oct 15 2015 10:20am
adamsd11

Hi SRE,

My coupe was wrapped and I fully agree that it doesn't look like paint. The finish is not near as good as paint. I had gloss white applied to that and you could see a massive amount of 'orange peel' to the gloss effect. To try and reduce the orange peel I have gone for a matte colour this time as its the gloss that you just cant get from a wrap compared to paint. The price for a good paint job on one of these would be ridiculous, I would hate to think. I either was going to have the car fully detailed and a front end respray due to stone chips and rear bumper due to the lip being scratched (looks like dogs have been in and out the boot) or go for wrap. A good detail on this I was quoted £600 for everything, swirls, wheels, arches a really thorough job - plus then paint its around the price I'm paying for wrap so I thought why not do something different...

A wrap is actually easier to keep clean than a painted car IMO and especially a black car! Everyone knows how much of a paint it is cleaning a black car when it comes to drying and ensuring no water is left as with black you will see the marks!

The jet wash is fine providing you've not got some really high powered tool. I use a Karcher K2 and it doesn't have anywhere near the power to rip wrap off. If for any reason any wrap starts to peel off you get 12 months warrentee so I will just take it back to be re-done if necessary.

Last thing and potentially biggest issue with wrap is over time it does deteriorate. The joins get dirty and the front end receives stone chips etc just like paint. I would say a wrap will last around 4 years (roughly) before it gets tatty and needs re-doing. Good thing is, its cheap to do or you can rip it all off and go back to paint.

Still no pictures, car needs a good clean but I should update by the weekend.

Thanks all

Post #477373 Thu Oct 22 2015 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1