RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Andyowen

United Kingdom 
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black

Just booked my car ( Barolo black HSE) in for this treatment before I collect with instructions from the detailer that the dealer shouldn't touch the paintwork at all. Does anyone have any experience of this coating ? As good as it seems ?

Post #472661 Thu Sep 10 2015 12:22pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Yes I do... and imo it doesn't get any better than Gtec..

I'll be updating this post soon as the CS has been on a year

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic37592-30.html 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #474577 Mon Sep 28 2015 1:23pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

andman wrote:
Yes I do... and imo it doesn't get any better than Gtec..

Point being only that Gtechniq is a chinese knock of genuine japanese G'zox line of products manufactured by Soft99 Corp. G'zox actually invented the quartz coating and is regarded as the non plus ultra in this matter. About 3 times as expensive as Gtechniq, the difference in quality, gloss and dirt/water repellence is astonishing. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #474655 Mon Sep 28 2015 10:09pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Well this is strong enough for me... and more importantly there are a load of accredited detailers throughout the UK who will

apply it professionally

You don't want to be applying yourself unless you really know what you're doing !!

Whether G'zox is harder, tougher or more durable is conjecture as no side by side tests have ever been carried out ...

nor is cost of the product of any relevance ....

https://glossboss.de/en/gtechniq-crystal-serum-test-application/

How to remove watch from 3 mins !!!! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #474715 Tue Sep 29 2015 5:30pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Full disclosure: I used to consult for a company that has rights to G'zox detailing (services) and chemicals for Europe.

Well, we've carried out such tests and we were dead serious when we applied several quartz coatings on an AMG C63 Black Series Merc and then washed this car 300 times within half a year using hard/soft water, regular and high-quality shampoos, automatic car washes, lousy garages, self-proclaimed detailers etc. It was extremely tough on the car and - not too much surprise here - all the coatings we've used saved the paint from scratching. There was, however, a distinctive difference in paint gloss afterwards, G'zox being a clear favourite.

What I personally love about these products is the fact, that the Japanese have created unique formulas for various applications of quartz coatings. There are three major products for paint protection, a dedicated brake calliper coating with a different formulation for high temperature resistance, a dedicated coating for wheels, that has extremely high water repellence etc etc. This makes the G'zox line (at least for me) a complete solution for various parts of the car. It is quite hard to apply properly (all our staff allowed to apply quartz coatings had to go to Japan for a couple of months of training and subsequent certification, currently the Soft99 company allows my former client to certify European detailers) but boy, what an effect. Fun fact: we've detailed and coated a heavily tuned Nissan GTR that had a problem of exhaust tips covered with soot deposits from a rich-running engine. We've polished the exhaust and covered it with the calliper coating - after 3 months of driving, it took a couple of seconds with a wet sponge to clean the tips and bring them back to excellent look.

That being said - any quartz/ceramic coating does wonders on the car indeed. One key point is obviously preparation of the paint and it takes a lot of talent to polish the paint properly, so the coating covers a perfect surface. Usually the car looks stunning, but there is a lot of very hard and precise work involved. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #474725 Tue Sep 29 2015 7:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1