RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > BMW 335d Touring Xdrive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 19 <123 ... 171819>

Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I agree Ady.

I have had range rover products for years. They couldn't even match BMW on a trade in!!

Traded a very well specked 2.2 dynamic evoque ( wife driven low mileage) to bmw as LR woudln't match price Shocked  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #473020 Sun Sep 13 2015 5:30pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

Ady 555 wrote:
mrfixit wrote:
Yeah but can you honestly say hand on heart you will get that same feeling you've had for the past few years when you look outside your house and that is sat on the drive?

Yes I can actually Very Happy I have ticked the RRS box now. The reason I didn't go for another sport or LR product, is because I think LR is pulling the pants down of all it''s UK customers with their ever increasing prices of their vehicles. I can't complain about my dealer Copley Landrover because they were spot on for sales, servicing and warranty work. But I will criticise them for the insulting px offer they made me for my sport. Whistle Imo LR don'the seem to care about their customers as they should and just leave any unsatisfied customers to the dealer network to sort out. Thankfully I was never one of those customers, but I have read a lot on here who have been. That's one of the many reasons I decided to jump ship. I work too hard to hand over my hard earned money to a company that treat their customers as they do.
As regards looking at what vehicle is on my drive, that doesn't bother me. More often than not, I bring home the works van. My own vehicle sits in my garage. My P1 was my toy. Wink
So I am more than happy replacing my sport with a BMW. Now BMW have brought in the Xdrive to it's 3 4 & 5 series, my dealer is seeing more and more ex LR customers coming through their doors.

Agree with you Ady. Don't miss my RRS at all and I prefer the RS on my drive compared with the sport ( and gets far more positive attention! )

Post #473047 Sun Sep 13 2015 7:53pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Who cares about attention, positive or negative? Ady obviously likes his choice and the extensive list of positives he posted would be enough for me to feel great about the car if it was mine. I loved my previous Sports and very happy with the current one so far but would seriously consider something else next time, even if just to try something different (although I may have more important reasons than that). It isn't exactly a lifetime commitment.

Part exchange is dealer specific though. I got very good money for my first Sport and even better for my second one Bow down Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #473059 Sun Sep 13 2015 8:27pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

I would imagine many people consider the attention you get. It was a reason ( one of many I may add ) that I decided to get rid of my sport. Too many young kids and meat heads driving these cars now with the negative association this brings. And I'm talking about new model sports, not clapped out 10 year old cars.
If you're happy that's great. I wasn't, hence the change.

Post #473071 Sun Sep 13 2015 8:45pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Gavin Beecham wrote:
If you're happy that's great. I wasn't, hence the change.

This is all that matters Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #473075 Sun Sep 13 2015 9:04pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Nearly a week on Shocked and i'm liking this 335d touring more and more. Very Happy
The I drive system is fantastic, with so many features. You can adjust and change just about anything on the car from your seat. A big thumbs up from me for this system, so easy to use. Thumbs Up
Got the chance to go out on my own and really test the performance of this car on some very nice twisty roads in Northumbria... Sport mode selected, sports gearbox selected, and this car really does go and handle very very well for a big barge. Now i am no racing driver, but i can push a car to it's limits on fast twisty roads, but this BMW handled so well it didn't step out of line once. (obviously i didn't push hard enough) Laughing But i didn't want to tell BMW to come and collect their car from a ditch. Embarassed The suspension is very well set up.Granted, with the suspension in sport mode, it is quite hard, but i'm used to hard suspension with my P1 The upgraded brakes work very well too, with next to no brake fade when used hard. Checked the computer and it is reading 38.8 mpg. I can live with that. Very Happy Put it back in comfort mode and it becomes a very nice smooth ride considering the condition of our roads these days. Whistle
I will be sorry to give this car back tomorrow Big Cry But before then, i still have some 170 miles left to enjoy this car, but i will be looking forward to collecting my new one at the end of October all the more. Very Happy

Post #473435 Thu Sep 17 2015 4:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

Sadly we don't get the 335d here in Touring form and we don't get X Drive in any BMW cars, just SUVs. I bet it's a lot of fun, that's a massive engine in a little 3 Series Touring, I don't think ist a barge!!

Edited for fat finger iPad disease

Last edited by BKHK on Sat Sep 19 2015 9:55pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #473458 Thu Sep 17 2015 10:01pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

To be honest, i don't think it is a barge either, that is what a lot of people call it because it is an estate and it surprises just about everyone that drives it with its powerful engine. The 335d engine is that good, there is now a delay in delivery dates including mine Banging Head due to this engine being so popular. Original delivery date given, end of October, now end of December Mr. Green

So to sum it up...
It was a great test drive, 550 miles in total, Very Happy
For...
Excellent powerful engine, with a silky smooth 8 Speed Gearbox, including flappy paddles.
Excellent fuel economy. Averaged 44mpg over the 550 miles.
Throttle response is instant, and i mean instant. No delay in any gear whatsoever. Thumbs Up
Tailgate opens and closes remotely.
Excellent I Drive System.
Spacious, bags of room for the front and rear seat passengers. Boot plenty of room for my Border Collie and his little mate Archie. (jack raskle)
Service intervals 2 years or 20,000 miles.
4wd system, excellent grip in the wet when pushed hard., On road obviously.
Only £180 VED for 12 months. Very Happy

Against..
Cost of vehicle in standard spec. 335d Xdrive Touring. Retail price £41600 Shocked
Poor standard spec level.
No interior boot release.
Cost of options that really should be standard on a vehicle like this.
Other than the above, i can't think of any other negatives.

My spec...
BMW 335d Touring Xdrive 2015 facelift model.
Metallic Mineral Grey.
Black Dekota Leather with Oyster Stitching.
Black gloss highline interior trim with aluminium hexagon fascia.
M Sport Alcantara Flat Bottom Steering Wheel.
Sunroof,
Black headlining.
M Sport + Package.
M Sport Brakes.
Adaptive suspension, A must have.
Heads up display,
Heated front & rear seats,
Rear view camera,
Professional media Harmon Kardon loud speaker system,
Keyless entry, comfort access.
Sliding front armrest,
Fold flat rear headrests,
5 year service pack,
M Sport front spoiler,
M Sport rear diffuser,
M Sport Side skirts.
M Sport rear upper tailgate spoiler colour coded.
Full rubber mat set including boot. (free)

I think that is about all i can think of right now.

Post #473606 Sat Sep 19 2015 9:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

nice spec and the interior boot release is knee height next to drivers door Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #474275 Sat Sep 26 2015 6:15am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Is it? Thanks for that. Thumbs Up Surprised the dealer didn't know that either when I mentioned the lack of it. Whistle

Post #474282 Sat Sep 26 2015 7:42am
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Nice choice Ady Thumbs Up

I've now changed my Q7 for one of these,

Audi A6 Allroad with the 270bhp 3.0L diesel (I couldn't afford the Biturbo) but it's plenty quick enough Mr. Green

Audi knocked £8k off the list price which also helped Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Nick, these have a towing capability of 2.5 tonne and I'm towing my Elddis Tempest with it no prob Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

In dynamic mode it's very stiff with adjustable air suspension (like the Q7) which actually makes it an inch lower than the standard car so looks Cool if you're feeling racy.

For towing it's superb and keeps the rig level and stable.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #475451 Tue Oct 06 2015 10:32am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Nice motor awd. Thumbs Up
I was torn between the Audi (A4) and the BMW, the BMW won hands down, with the grunt of that 335d engine. Very Happy
You've got great towing capacity with that Audi. See, there are alternatives to RRS. Wink

Muddywheels, how is your Discovery coming along. Question Laughing

Post #475469 Tue Oct 06 2015 12:20pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Now there's a thought, might pop in and have a look at the BiTurbo at a local dealer and see what they look like on paper when it comes to cost to change

Post #475471 Tue Oct 06 2015 12:41pm
BKHK

Australia 

When is the 335 coming Ady? I bet you can't wait, I would love to try one but only 328 available here in RWD.

I am enjoying my petrol 335i sedan which I picked up wholesale. It's done low miles (17000 ish) but has needed a little work and a good Indy service to make it perfect.

It is a one owner car which came from inner city Sydney so brakes were quite worn and there was some alloy kerb rash. New fluids, new rotors and pads and some alloy work and it's driving brilliantly now. The X6 has been sold and I have nothing newer in the fleet than almost 3 years old. Still, apart from the service, it's cheap fun motoring.

Time to think of the next addition to the garage........

Post #475473 Tue Oct 06 2015 12:42pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Original delivery date was 28th Oct. Then 20th Dec, now 28th Nov. Banging Head So hopefully before Christmas... Laughing

Post #475478 Tue Oct 06 2015 1:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 19 <123 ... 171819>