RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Roger Young - Saltash, Cornwall
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

57TDV8

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
Roger Young - Saltash, Cornwall

Just wanted to give some positive feedback on Roger Young Landrover down in Cornwall. I purchased a Dec '10 TDV8 back in April this year with 34k miles on the clock for £30k, warranty and decent trade in on my interim commuting Golf. I had a few teething problems, fuel tank saying empty, boot not locking, ARB knocking (bushes) and 2nd key not programmed, which they promptly sorted at TH Whites, now Grange in Wooton Bassett. The front tyres upon purchase were not great but I know the TDV8 scrubs Continentals for fun on the front, but noticed as I'm just about to get it serviced and they really are knackered, with the rears not in great shape. I checked the MOT and it did mention advisory at 34k miles on the front, my bad for not noticing. I booked in for a service at Wooton Bassett through a mates garage so I'd get a LR stamp but Indy rate at £399 in VAT. I was then looking at sourcing some Hankook tyres at £115 a corner, shipped to me, so facing nearly £900 including fitting fo a service and x4 new tyres. Censored

However, I went back to Roger Young via email, stating my dissatisfaction on the tyres situation 3.5k miles into ownership. After a few quick responses from my sales guy and the service head, Roger Young agreed to do the whole lot for £600 + VAT, basically price matching the service cost, doing the front tyres for 'free' and the rears at £100 a corner, including picking the car up, providing a courtesy car, given they are 2.5 hrs away in Plymouth! So for £720, I'll have new rubber all round and a LR service, so to be honest I'm very pleased with how they've handled this and interest in customers post purchase, so I highly recommend them. Thumbs Up 2010 TDV8...

Post #472034 Fri Sep 04 2015 6:33pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
Always pays to ask nicely I find Cool Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #472057 Fri Sep 04 2015 8:19pm
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi 57TDV8,

Thanks for posting your positive experience. It is always pleasing to hear of a positive outcome when a concern has been experienced. Also its important that you felt valued as a customer when you had a cause to contact them regarding your purchase.

I hope you continue to enjoy your Range Rover Sport and a positive relationship with our Land Rover retailers.

Regards,
Pete Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #472662 Thu Sep 10 2015 12:49pm
57TDV8

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

No problem Pete, it's often easier to moan rather than be positive about Landrovers (to be fair you give us plenty of opportunity Laughing ), but the post purchase service has been excellent. I was also given a 15 Reg Discovery Sport HSE Luxury with 2.5k on the clock as a courtesy car which was nice to give it a try. Certainly a nice enough replacement for the FL2 as I owned one for 4 years, but not sure on the £45k price tag! 2010 TDV8...

Post #472691 Thu Sep 10 2015 6:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1