RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > WARNING - Fitting LED Halo Lights to Adaptive Headlights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kungfupanda79

United Kingdom 
WARNING - Fitting LED Halo Lights to Adaptive Headlights

I've recently received the OEM style halo kit from Sparky and fitted it to my car without a problem most probably due to his excellent instructions.

I just wanted to warn you guys out there with adaptive headlights that you may face problems with the outer halo ie the one that is glued over the xenon surround. Once I'd fitted mine, I drove for about ten minutes in the evening with my xenons on and after ten minutes I had the flashing adaptive warning light on the dashboard. When I inspected the headlights, the driver's side xenon lens had rested at an angle pointing to the offside. The passenger side was dead straight.

What I presume has happened is that the driver's side xenon projector may have caught on the edge of the LED halo when panning to the offside when I take a right hand corner and it has been unable to return to it's resting position ie straight ahead. In the morning, I went to the car and the projector seems to have righted itself and there is no warning light on the dash. I'm going to keep an eye on this situation this evening to see if it happens again. If it does, I may consider just disabling the AFR.

The above is no criticism of the kit supplied by Sparky as it could happen to any halo set. Just to reiterate, I am entirely happy with the kit and instructions supplied by Sparky! This is just a little warning to those with AFR.

Post #471853 Thu Sep 03 2015 2:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1