Home > Off Topic > Bradders new wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ok Mike,
Seen as you have asked... Laughing
It's top of the range, with all the options boxes ticked. (well both of them) Of course it is better than Bc's... Laughing

Thumbs Up

Post #471516 Mon Aug 31 2015 10:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The BMW i3 is actually a bloody good little car if one needs a town car. Add the range extender option and it's a good all round car for a single person/couple. It's pretty nippy (certainly a darn sight quicker off the line than the "I'll go when I'm ready" RRS!), has a great turning circle and has some great interior design features. The huge infotainment system screen is gorgeous too. In fact, in many ways it shows up how far back in the stone age LR with their stuff. I was massively impressed by it when I drove one - having started out with the same "what a joke" attitude that I'm sure many on here would have about it. The i8 was nice too but the price for that is just ridiculous. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #471528 Mon Aug 31 2015 12:29pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thankfully i don't need a town car. Bow down
I saw an i3 going down the M62 yesterday and thought wtf is that Shocked One car i won't be test driving any time soon, no matter how good you say it is RRSTDV8. Rolling Eyes

Post #471545 Mon Aug 31 2015 3:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Why not? Looks very sci-fi. Probably got Intel inside too Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #471554 Mon Aug 31 2015 5:56pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

<shrug> Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #471556 Mon Aug 31 2015 6:36pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Bradders wrote:

Speaking with Estate Agents they all seem to expect asking price offers and being a Yorkshireman that just doesn't compute.....is the housing market that crazy in London ??

We paid £50k over asking price for our flat last summer. One flat (we lost out on beforehand) sold for £90k over asking price. Prices in our area easily rose 25% in 2 years.

But the market has cooled significantly in London, thankfully. Whether you need to pay asking price all depends on how realistic the asking price is, so I would not get sucked into that way of thinking. If the flat is in a good location, in the right condition for a fair price then just pay what's needed to secure it otherwise you will just lose out to another buyer - if not now then in 2 months time, which is a royal pain the a$$. Gazumping is rife if the price is too low.

What I found useful is looking at price per square metre for the location and condition we wanted. It certainly helped me decide that the asking price on the flat we bought was slightly low compared to comparable properties on neighbouring streets, and thus the confidence to bid up the price during the 2.5 day negotiation!

Finally, properties around Brixton station look expensive to me. How important is that area? You could look on a map 2 stations away (Stockwell, Tooting, Denmark Hill stations?), or in East London (Leyton station?) and do some price comparisons. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #471713 Wed Sep 02 2015 12:15pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Cheers ilard. I have been looking at £/sq.ft and that is a really useful comparison. I'm viewing a couple of flats on Friday, one with a declined asking price offer already. It's a really big 2 bed, a 15mins walk to the station so much cheaper than those within a 5mins walk. With a bit of work I reckon we can easily get another bed out of it, so Im prepared to look at the price. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #471744 Wed Sep 02 2015 4:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12