RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Advice on wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bluestone

United Kingdom 
Advice on wheels

I have ordered a HSE with 5+2 seating, and 21" style 507 wheels. My last date of change was last week and I am not entirely sure I like the wheels I have ordered. I would love 22's which I think will fit, but LR will not supply a 5+2 with them. If I change to 22" wheels after delivery will I invalidate my warranty should the car develop problems?

If it doesnt invalidate the warranty, and if I can go back to the standard wheels, whats the easiest way to upgrade to 22's. Are the standard wheels easy to px?

Post #471378 Sat Aug 29 2015 7:13pm
Fletcher

England 

I had the same problem . I've got 22" Kahn alloys coming , keep the originals in the barn so if I ever do get a problem that might be blamed on the alloys I can put the originals back on . There has been a big debate about this , it's more to do with the load rated tyres I think . You can buy original land rover 22" alloys and tyres on eBay for about £1500 nearly new .

Post #471392 Sat Aug 29 2015 9:25pm
DaveW

United Kingdom 

Please do check out some earlier threads on this where we've explained some of the reasons why this isn't a great idea.

Dave

Post #471425 Sun Aug 30 2015 11:07am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I had the Same thing but I've gone with the 21" autobiography wheels which have a similar kind of pattern.

I really wanted the 22" aswell but I'm going to see how how the car looks to me before I spend upto 3k on more wheels

Post #471429 Sun Aug 30 2015 12:04pm
Fletcher

England 

I do understand the concerns but I have been running 22" alloy wheels for about ten years on ffrr vogue se 's . I've hit curbs a little too hard and driven too fast , 5 people 5 overnight bags a full tank of fuel and a large rib full of gear being towed behind for miles . Never had a problem . As for the tec side of my speedo being 3% out or the coggs in the gearbox not knowing I prefer the look and feel of the 22" . I just can't take the point too seriously.
Good wheels bought from a good shop with good tyres ( 285/35/22 ) , can't go wrong .

Post #471432 Sun Aug 30 2015 12:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1