RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > NEED SOME MAJOR HELP!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rangeroverhead

United Kingdom 
NEED SOME MAJOR HELP!!

My order for a Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic has gone committed.

I have recently realised that it's coming with black brake calipers. I never asked for these and I assumed it would be coming with red ones. The order form says "unbranded 20" brake calipers" and doesn't actually specify black or red and I only found out after it went committed as I queried this.

The dealers are saying there's nothing they can do about this except paint them red (but the paint may peel off) or take the red brake system off a demo car with 3000 miles on the clock and put this on my brand new Range Rover Sport.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Post #471149 Wed Aug 26 2015 9:34pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

The paint can peel on the red ones from factory anyway I beleive! MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #471151 Wed Aug 26 2015 9:41pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Buy a tin of red Hammerite Thumbs Up

Post #471154 Wed Aug 26 2015 9:54pm
Fletcher

England 

If I was in your situation I would get the dealer to paint them with heat resistant red paint .
I have painted brakes in the past on many different types of vehicles with just a quick rub down with a wire brush and a tin of heat resistant spray paint and they have been fine .

Post #471155 Wed Aug 26 2015 9:55pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I feel for you that it's not going to be as you wanted the paperwork is hard to check everything I found but if the rest of the car is right is it a major problem ?

I wanted to add remote park heat to my order and missed it which I'm disappointed about but now it's due in a few weeks and can't wait.

Slightly frustrating I know spending circa 80k but nothing at all you can do other than reject the car at the stage before you pay for it and lose the deposit I think but someone may correct me on this as I don't know if you can walk away from a correctly specced car as per the signed paperwork

Post #471159 Wed Aug 26 2015 10:39pm
Mr Singh

Dude, how many threads do you need to create for the same subject?? In sure this is the fourth one!

If I was you I'd get them to change them with the red brembo's from the demo. At least that way you have factory made brakes rather than them faffing about painting them red paint without the Brembo logo

Post #471160 Wed Aug 26 2015 10:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Why go with the herd with red ones? Be like those of us who dare to be different and spec the no extra cost black ones........ sooooooo many RRS2's with tatty looking red ones with peeling paint on them, the black ones don't suffer from this very annoying problem on something you've paid extra for! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #471173 Thu Aug 27 2015 9:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco

United Kingdom 

I thought it was only the back brakes that are peeling, are you saying the fronts are going as well?

Post #471175 Thu Aug 27 2015 10:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1