RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Help please, RR newbie.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Andyowen

United Kingdom 
Help please, RR newbie.

Hi. I'm hoping to place an order for a HSE this week. I've been approved for finance using the Halifax's new PCP which is almost 3% apr less than Land Rover finance and works out at almost £7000 less over the term...... However , the maximum I can spend using them is £65000. So, my dilemma is..... We have a one year old and think the 7 seats may be useful..... Not sure if it's £1600 well spent? Also is the basic stereo really that bad ? It's either one or the other I'm afraid. Spec we're thinking of is santorini black with ebony interior, 21" wheels ( nicer than the 20's?) , privacy glass, either seven seats or meridian 825w , surround cameras ( worth the £700? ) .

I'd really appreciate any help Smile
Andy.

Post #470944 Sat Aug 22 2015 7:38pm
Fletcher

England 

I would go for the stereo if you only have one child . Thumbs Up

Post #470947 Sat Aug 22 2015 8:53pm
Hodog16

United States 

Have heard the basic stereo is not very good from others.

If I were in your shoes I would get the updated stereo. You'll enjoy that much more frequently than you'd likely use the third row. 2016 SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Post #470949 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:08pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The upgraded sound system is a must IMO.

I have the surround cameras on my L405 which came fitted as standard, and TBH It's not something I would pay extra for. The resolution is just not clear enough, and can appear a bit blurry.

It would checking on another car, and see for yourself. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #470950 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:15pm
Fletcher

England 

How about searching the used landrover vehicles for a nearly new car and seeing if they can match the finance deal . You might get a better car for your money .

Post #470951 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:37pm
Andyowen

United Kingdom 

Nearly new is an option , although Land Rover finances rate for approved used is 8.9% so I'd still finance via Halifax. My only concern is why are the vehicles for sale with such low mileages? It's a niggle I have due to the oft mentioned lack of reliability of the RR brand.

Post #470952 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Some of the approved used cars are ex management and ex demo car hence the low mileages - If you only listen to the radio then the basic one is fine, if you like lots of quality recorded music (as opposed to DAB channels) in the car then go for the upgraded one. I had the 850w Meridian in my last car and hardly listened to music and am perfectly happy with the standard 380w system in my RRS as most of my use is news/ talk radio. I don't see the logic of having a 7 seat RRS, there's hardly any leg room in the rear set of seats so they are useless for normal people. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #470954 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave777

United Kingdom 

The MY16 surround cameras are better than the older ones in terms of resolution and view. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #470956 Sat Aug 22 2015 11:18pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I would go and hear a car with a standard sound system and one with it upgraded. As my car was a cancelled order which I managed to get immediately without a wait I dont have an upgraded stereo and I honestly don't think it's that bad for general listening of the radio or phone playback. It lacks a punch when you turn it up loud but at normal volume levels it does the job for me. My Maserati has a BOSE sound system which is fantastic and my Mercedes C Class has a basic sound system which is really VERY bad but when I compare that to the one in my RRS this one feels like it's on another level.

So in summary there are some really Censored standard sound systems out there but the RRS is not too bad. Go hear it yourself.

If I was in your position I'd go for 7 seats as (1) 7 seats over an upgraded stereo would certainly equate to better resale value and make your car more desirable (had experience with this on my previous x5 40d M Sport) and (2) when the little one grows up you'll love the 7 seats when it's birthday party day or play date day as you or the wife will be able to fit the kids and their mates in legally Smile

If I was buying new today and speccing my own car I would get both the 7 seats and the upgraded stereo though!

Post #470957 Sat Aug 22 2015 11:44pm
JB72

Sweden 

I would drop the 21" wheels and stay with 20" and get both the 7-seat and upgraded stereo. I made that choice and am very happy with it. The added benefit is that the smaller rim and higher profile tyres has saved me from curb rashes more than once. That said I have three kids. 2015 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6, Corris Grey

Post #470958 Sun Aug 23 2015 12:05am
anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I would agree with the 20" rims as you can't curb them easily. I currently have the spec your after 7 seats black registered 28/1/15 with 4500 miles on it but has deployable side steps on too and the wheels have been machine polished by the dealer so look better than standard. When I got this car earlier this year I ordered an autobiography at the same time which is here next month. My dealer has offered me £58500 for it in part ex if your interested? 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #470967 Sun Aug 23 2015 9:07am
sp1959

United Kingdom 
spare parts

hey guys, i`ve just recently bought my first range rover as well and gave it in for service and a complete check up. the guy said im going to need all new brake pads and discs and a whole other list of things and the price was jaw-dropping Shocked so i guess my question is does anyone know any good websites or places where i can get cheap but decent brakes pads and discs and other parts for range rovers. Thanks

Post #471095 Tue Aug 25 2015 7:52pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Welcome. Thumbs Up

I'd suggest starting your own thread in the 'Maintenance & modifications' section, as your question is not relevant to this thread. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #471100 Tue Aug 25 2015 9:28pm
sp1959

United Kingdom 

okay no problem Smile , how do i make my own thread on here?

Post #471101 Tue Aug 25 2015 9:35pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Button near the top of the page page that lists the titles

The button is called new topic

Post #471105 Tue Aug 25 2015 11:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1