RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Damaged Seat Saga
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Damaged Seat Saga

Well after I had my RRSport a few days and noticed a small cut in the leather of the drivers seat back Shocked
Took it back to dealer in Oxford, they agreed to replace seat back Very Happy
Had phone call saying 'have fitted seat back but broken lumber support and will need part' Sad
Collected car minus lumber support knob Sad
Looking at car back home and noticed they had damaged the door inner panel probably removing seat Shocked
Also notice leather at back of seat was all creased unlike passenger one Sad
Back to dealer today, after sales manager and service manager see car they agree to replace door panel and seat although I think each were more concearned about which department was going to pay for it!
I told them that is there problem not mine Laughing
So started with a minor cut, now having another new seat and door panel fitted, what will they damage fitting those Shocked
Pictures of the seat etc can be seen in my gallery.
Will update when seat and door panel are fitted. watch this space Wink Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #44626 Mon Jul 10 2006 7:05pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I had the same kind of thing happen with my first D3.
Needed a new seat base and when they took the seat out to work on it they managed 8 bits of damage, door card, centre consul, pillar trim, raising lever,door threshold and to top it all they cracked the rear light cluster!
And to top that they needed more bits to get the seat base right so it would all have needed to be done again anyway!

Post #44631 Mon Jul 10 2006 7:56pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

So Richchad, before you know it you'll have a whole new interior! Maybe you should get your order in now if you fancy a change of colour Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #44650 Mon Jul 10 2006 9:14pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Cliff H wrote:
I had the same kind of thing happen with my first D3.
Needed a new seat base and when they took the seat out to work on it they managed 8 bits of damage, door card, centre consul, pillar trim, raising lever,door threshold and to top it all they cracked the rear light cluster!
And to top that they needed more bits to get the seat base right so it would all have needed to be done again anyway!

Oh and I thought I was unlucky.... Shocked Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #44655 Mon Jul 10 2006 9:49pm
Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

And I thought these things only happened to me......

I had an Audi TT that had a scuff on the rear bumper from new. When the garage "repaired" it, they did so much damage to the car that they ended up giving me a new replacement vehicle.

The replacement car drivers seat started peeling, so it went in for a replacement cover (warranty), and they ended up fitting it incorrectly, breaking a couple of plastic panels (I wondered what the smell of Areldite was), and getting chewing gum all over the carpet. I ended up demanding replacement panels, and doing the job myself.
The only problem was that the replacement cover was a different shade of black.....in fact is was more like dark grey. It never did match.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #44657 Mon Jul 10 2006 10:10pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Had call from dealer today, new leather seat cover and inner door panel is in stock, they asked would I like to look at it before fitting, been over all looks okay but as I said to them, it all depends on how they are fitted, as long as they look as good as the passenger seat and door panel I will be happy Smile
The bit I don't quite understand is why are they fitting a new leather seat cover and not the complete seat, as it seems that the problems occur with the actual fitting of the cover. Sad I guess if I am not happy with the finished result that will be my next step...a complete new seat direct from the factory Smile
Anyway it is booked in for a couple of days next week. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #45924 Thu Jul 20 2006 3:37pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Okay, got the car back today, seat leather looks a bit better than last time, although there are some slight creases in the rear of the seat above and below the pocket, seem a zig zag sort of element type shaped creases?
They replaced complete door panel after it was damaged last time, all looks okay. Smile
Suspension fault cleared by a recalibration, what ever that means Confused
Car nicely valeted and they even stuck me a black badge on the rear to go with my Supercharged grille and vents. Very Happy
Had a loan D3 for two days, only basic S model, Sad seemed a bit utilitarian after the sport, but quite liked it after a few miles, smoother ride than sport and quite handy as I picked up a 3 metre length of guttering that I couldn't fit in the sport Wink Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #46950 Thu Jul 27 2006 6:11pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Richchad, I had a complete set of 7 new leather seats as the LR seatcovers had stained the front two (D3 HSE alpacca leather) . Was told by dealer tech that recovering would not look anywhere near as good as new ones so told LR that it was either new seats (only wanted fron 2 replaced) or I would reject the car (only 3 weeks old when saw staining). I'd suggest demanding new seats if not completely happy.[/b]

Post #47110 Fri Jul 28 2006 6:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1