RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New Colours available at LR website
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
New Colours available at LR website

I've just been over on the LR website, build your own car section and see that there are 3 new colours coming on stream - Lugano Teal (could this be a brighter Blue?), Atacama Sand (another shade of Gold?), and Zermatt Silver which has already been mentioned on the forums. No images are available unfortunately. No mention that Vesuvius is becoming a standard colour yet though. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4674 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

There are pics of the colours here:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Ra...olours.htm

I quite like the Lugano Teal (would have to see it on the vehicle to judge properly), but Atacama Sand is a bit strange! Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #4675 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

The Atacama Sand looks similar to the Vienna Green that LR had a couple of years back. Thanks for the link Martin, 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #4676 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:28am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
The Atacama Sand looks similar to the Vienna Green that LR had a couple of years back. Thanks for the link Martin,

You can get Atacama Sand and Vienna Green on the D3 - you can see the difference (not much!) at http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Di...olours.htm Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #4677 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:35am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
The Atacama Sand looks similar to the Vienna Green that LR had a couple of years back. Thanks for the link Martin,

You can get Atacama Sand and Vienna Green on the D3 - you can see the difference (not much!) at http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Di...olours.htm

Your right - what is the point in offering 2 so similar colours Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4681 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:53am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Atacama is the replacement for Maya Gold, a bit more subdued but will no doubt be just as unpopular.

Stratstones Nottingham have a Maya Gold car that was a cancelled order, they took it back in good faith, but the customer lost their deposit on the basis its not an easy car to shift...it's been there for ages!

Zermatt is Zambezi's replacement and Lugano Teal...who knows, but I don't think it will be a big seller. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4682 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:54am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I quite like the Lugano Teal actually. I'm not saying I'd drive around in a car that was that colour, but it doesn't make me scrunch my face up in disgust, put it that way. Reminds me of BMW's Laguna Seca Blue - that had its followers. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4684 Thu Nov 03 2005 11:18am
Persuader

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
Atacama is the replacement for Maya Gold, a bit more subdued but will no doubt be just as unpopular.

Stratstones Nottingham have a Maya Gold car that was a cancelled order, they took it back in good faith, but the customer lost their deposit on the basis its not an easy car to shift...it's been there for ages!

Zermatt is Zambezi's replacement and Lugano Teal...who knows, but I don't think it will be a big seller.

Is it just me? cause I can't see any difference between Zermatt and Zambezi. 2013 New Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
2008 Audi Q7 4.2 TDI
2006 Toyota Vigo Truck 3.0D4D.

Post #4686 Thu Nov 03 2005 12:32pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

it wouldnt surprise me if the new Zermatt silver is slightly darker? 

Post #4688 Thu Nov 03 2005 12:38pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Zermatt is apparently like Zambezi but with a more blueish finish to it rather than the very silvery silver of Zambezi...that's what I was told by Landrover.

They are clearly putting a lot of faith in it as Zambezi has been an exceptionally popular shade, it needs to be good to replace it so I guess they won't have altered the formula too much. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4693 Thu Nov 03 2005 12:59pm
Roland

Switzerland 

So! Zambezi, a wild river in Southern Africa has become Zermatt, a tame ski resort in Switzerland. Lugano is another rather boring tourist place in Switzerland, mainly populated by German old-age pensioners and retired Italian mafia bosses, ......., and of course teals are a species of ducks.

After all it's nothing but just names and marketing but it fits well into LR's new approach and image. Away from the savannah, jungle, expedition image of the Defenders and earlier Discos to a more yuppie, urban approach. The G4 challenge is also nothing but a joke compared to the earlier Camel trophies...

Modern times indeed !

Post #4699 Thu Nov 03 2005 1:15pm
Tim in Scotland

Roland I think I would prefer a Tangiers Orange Sport over a Sandglow (Camel Trophy colour) one though! I recently saw a G4 Freelander in Tangiers parked next to a Camel Trophy Freelander and the G4 looked fantastic whereas the Camel looked camoflaged! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4702 Thu Nov 03 2005 1:35pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Roland wrote:
So! Zambezi, a wild river in Southern Africa has become Zermatt, a tame ski resort in Switzerland. !

But a very expensive resort at that Sad 

Post #4705 Thu Nov 03 2005 1:40pm
Roland

Switzerland 

Couldn't agree more, Tim. That Camel Trophy Sandglow is a terrible colour. Tangiers (...which lies in N Africa !) Orange looks so much better.

Post #4706 Thu Nov 03 2005 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1