Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Rovertune, Reading - Awesome
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TDV8_AutoB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White
Rovertune, Reading - Awesome

Hi,

I'm a new RRS owner. Prior to making the decision I wanted to ensure that there was a decent local independent place that would look after the car. A quick Google and a phone call later I spent 30 minutes talking with a chap called Rob @ Rovertune.

Rob took the time to really educate me on things to look for in a search for a decent RRS, the niggles, the common faults, the engine and the model. Rob came across as a really knowledgeable guy that had oodles of experience over many years. A few weeks later I'd found a car and booked it in for an initial 'assessment' with Rovertune.

Suddenly an emergency unplanned visit prior to the booking was needed as the car decided to impersonate a Red Arrow with black smoke billowing out the back. The Rovertune team set about the car looking for the usual suspects and sure enough a loose turbo pipe was the culprit. Their understanding and immediate resolution turned my panic into joy as the car was fixed and back on the road before I could even drink my tea.

A week later it was in for the inspection and a day later it was picked up with a rather small invoice for their work provided - thankfully only a few minor things needed immediate attention (rear discs/pads and number plate lights) but I did get to spend some more time with Rob and his great team asking them a million questions about everything LR. Nothing was too much trouble.

Rovertune are based in Reading, Berkshire. They look after thousands of customer's cars from the Land Rover range. They've been going for years by all accounts and their workshops are clean, very well kitted out and have a separate reception area. Hourly rates are extremely competitive @ c. £60-65 and they'll give good, sound advise if something will need replacing......but just not yet.

I heard stories of people coming from Cornwall and London to have their LR serviced there. Having experienced them for the first time in the last few days, I can certainly see why.

Hope this helps anyone, at anytime in the future.

Cheers

David

Post #467177 Fri Jul 10 2015 8:45pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Good to hear Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #467193 Sat Jul 11 2015 8:30am
Elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 

Got to add another big thumbs up for Rob, Sarah and their guys at Rovertune. I've used Rob for both my cars for about five years now and have nothing but praise for him. Rob has even gone above and beyond and helped me out in a couple of crisis moments - once when I stupidly tried to rely on the LR provided, in-car jack to change a tyre on a Vogue. The jack buckled and the car came crashing down, trapping the wheel I was just offering up to the hub and just missing me in the process! Rob came to my rescue with the loan of a heavy duty jack and the crisis was averted, without any damage to the car or me! On another occasion I had a bad misfire and loss of power when I was driving back from Manchester one night. I phoned Rob from the car and he suggested that I divert directly to him, as he was still in the workshop - this was 7:30pm in the evening mind you! I got there a little before 8pm and Rob spent ten minutes or so tracking down the electrical short that was causing the problem. He the fixed it and sent me on my way, refusing to take any money off me!

You only need to see the number of cars that Rob always has in and around his workshop to see how he has grown his business and maintained his reputation by delivering first class, knowledgable and honest service, with a willingness to go the extra mile. I wouldn't go anywhere else and I wholeheartedly recommend Rob to anyone that's within striking range of Reading. 2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
2012 4.4 TdV8 Westminster Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2012 SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #467539 Tue Jul 14 2015 10:51pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I'm definitely going to get a quote off him for the next service in 11months time.....he'll be cheaper and the warranty will not be voided.......
I've heard nothing but good things about Rovertune Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.

Post #467645 Thu Jul 16 2015 8:53am
Mr Messy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

I called in last night as they are pretty close to home for me. I was really impressed and they were very accommodating, giving me plenty of info.
They will be getting all of my custom whilst I own a Range Rover! Thumbs Up

They were a far cry from Land Rover in Burnham near where I work, I popped in there to get some PAS fluid and can safely say that will be my first and last time visiting them!

Post #467661 Thu Jul 16 2015 10:36am
Mr Messy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Well they have done it again. Big thanks to Rob and the team for sorting out my rear ARC unit which was badly leaking, he took the fight to my warranty company (auto protect; don't have good reviews) and they have paid out their max amount at £1000 towards the job so I'm made up. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I can't recommend these guys highly enough! Bow down

Post #469714 Thu Aug 06 2015 7:32pm
mr_spaceuk

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Good to hear that there is a quality company based in my home town of Reading, I will be looking at them for future work!

Post #469826 Sat Aug 08 2015 2:45am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Meeting Rob next weekend when I'm there having a towing loom fitted. They have a rock hard reputation hence they got my business and not a main stealer who wanted double the price to fit it, Censored Visitor from fullfatrr.com

Post #469835 Sat Aug 08 2015 8:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1