RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR Comes Last!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mark_N

United Kingdom 
SVR Comes Last!

I'm not one to take the opinion of magazine hacks too much into account when choosing the cars I drive - if they were any good, they would have a proper job - but the fact remains that in Evo's new assessment of the SVR against the Cayenne turbo and the BMW X6M, it comes last.

Maybe there's some residual resentment going on after Harry Metcalfe jumped ship to become a thorn in SVO's side, but it seems clear the SVR handling is not in the same league as the other two. Not that Porsche have got anything to crow about because they think the X6M is the best.

They only rate them 4/4/3.5 stars so the differences are not vast and SUVs are never going to achieve the handling of "proper" sports cars. Even so, they don't like the SVR steering and the untidy handling when pushing on. They do like the throttle response from the supercharged engine and the off-road ability which puts it in a class of one.

Me? I am delighted with my SVR. I have products from Stuttgart and Maranello to play with but none of them feel as good as the SVR does when all I want to do is get from A to B, 4 up, in comfort with eye-opening performance and THAT noise. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #467599 Wed Jul 15 2015 9:08pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
Me? I am delighted with my SVR.

That's all that matters. Thumbs Up

People tell me that my RRS is rubbish - usual "footballer's car" etc. I know it's not so I don't care what they think. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #467626 Wed Jul 15 2015 11:06pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Indeed so. One often sees things like "you sit too high in the car" or "the steering wheel rim is too thick". These are totally subjective and smack of nit picking in order to differentiate between cars that are, increasingly, almost identical in all of the important areas.

I've got big hands so that wheel rim will probably be fine thanks. Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #467641 Thu Jul 16 2015 8:34am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

But the X6M has a look that only a mother could love Very Happy

Although my wife likes it. The Cayenne is too common around here and looks better in the flesh than photos I think, but I don't like it. RRS turn heads when they go past, the others don't! And are special places too be in too. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #467648 Thu Jul 16 2015 9:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1