RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L494 V6 diesel turbo question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
L494 V6 diesel turbo question

Just out of general interest, have the turbos changed design for the latest L494 306 Hp V6 diesel?, or is it the same turbo arrangement as the ealier 2013 V6 lower HP diesels. Just wondered where LR had made the engine design changes for the increased power and better emissions.

Also on the older RRS V6 diesel the turbo replacement was considered to be a body off requirement, assume that is no longer the case for the new design?.

Dave

Post #466516 Sat Jul 04 2015 1:07pm
wilf

Not 100% on this, but I read somewhere that the lower output RRS engines used single turbos, and the newer 275 and 306 BHP engines use dual sequential turbos, just like the arrangement in the Jaguar XF/XJ saloon cars.

The only problem with this hypothesis is that the 240BHP saloon car engines used dual sequential turbos too. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #466520 Sat Jul 04 2015 2:14pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks Wilf, I saw a comment on the net that the turbo arrangement had changed.. but I thought it said they had gone back to a single turbo per side rather than the dual?, which seemed odd.? Will have to look through JLR site to see if anything is said.

Ref my original comment on the old RRS body off for turbo replacement. I should clarify that the old RRS model had its own chassis and body arrangement while the new design is mostly monocoque. I wonder if LR had designed in sufficent space in the new model to replace the turbo without dropping out anything else?. There were also issues with cam belt replacement access on the older design.

The reasons why I ask these questions, was mainly for the future when the new designs hit high milage and the turbos/belts need replacment.

dave

Post #466522 Sat Jul 04 2015 2:44pm
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

The 2013 has exactly the same set up as a 2014-15/16 motor, only the engine map is different, but as it's the most popular engine LR decided to vin lock the engine ECU Evil or Very Mad

To make the poor public have to buy the newer model to get the grunt, or fit a open up ecu remap and lose all drive train warranty immediately.

The CJB records the modification and if flags as soon as plugged into LR diagnose machines.

Sorry boys! None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #466543 Sat Jul 04 2015 8:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

Oh well, another beautiful theory shot down in flames, lol. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #466572 Sun Jul 05 2015 8:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1