RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Help appreciated on a couple of questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Josh Bear

Help appreciated on a couple of questions

Hi all

Would appreciate some guidance. I have a RRS 2 autobiography and have three things I don't understand

1. I have three zone climate control but the fan control in the rear also controls the fan speed at the front of the car. Is this correct?

2. When I turn right which going over humps I hear a creak from the rear suspension? Any idea what that is?

3. The air coming from the Ac sometimes smells "damp". Does this wear off once the car is a bit older?

Thanks

Josh

Post #466269 Wed Jul 01 2015 7:33pm
Big-Daddy

United Kingdom 

1. This is correct. There seems to be only one fan. Turn up the rear and the front is too. In fact i'm on the verge of a rant about the poor climate control but just saved it.

2. Mine 'creaked' all over the place for the first few thousand miles but is fine now. It may be the same.

3. Its damp because the air conditioning cycles on and off. When its ON the heat exchanger (evaporator) gets cold and water condenses from the air, but when it switches OFF, the warm air causes some re-evaporation which gives the 'damp' effect. Its normal in humid environments so don't worry.

If on the other hand it stars developing a 'smell' then its time for an A/C sterilisation, which can be done from an aerosol or with Ozone, etc. This shouldn't happen on a new car though and generally occurs when the drain gets blocks on older models.

Post #466319 Thu Jul 02 2015 12:34pm
BKHK

Australia 

You are much better off running the AC on all the time summer and winter and just adjusting the temperature. If you turn it off, you will get a damp smell which will eventually smell like a Gents dunny. It's stale water. It's very hard to get rid of, even with a "bomb"

I have always run my AC on all the time, even now in winter when it's only 21 degrees. I have never had that smell in any new car I have owned, only in used cars when someone has decided to be cheap and turn off the AC.

Post #466324 Thu Jul 02 2015 1:37pm
Josh Bear

Thanks both.

At least I know there is nothing wrong. That design with only having one fan control is really an epic fail.

Josh

Post #466363 Thu Jul 02 2015 9:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1