RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Advise on my spec whist i can still make changes.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GJW1

United Kingdom 
Advise on my spec whist i can still make changes.

Wow this new car buying is hard work the waiting time and indecision is killing me. I think I have what I want but keep asking myself again and again.

Spec so far.

Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic with Fixed Panoramic roof
Fuji White with black roof and privacy glass
21" 505 wheels
Ebony / Lunar interior
Ebony headlining
Dark engine turned finishers
7 Seats
Blind Spot Monitor with closing vehicle sensing and reverse traffic detection
Soft close doors.

Ideas I keep having

change dark engine finisher to grand black wood.

Fuji white or Yulong white what's the difference and which is best ?

Head up display worth £1500 ? or just a toy with little use other than displaying speed ?

Anyone with rear entertainment get much use out of them with the kids ? I cant decide if the novelty for the kids will wear off making them pointless ?

Im probably just thinking to much about it but the new car buying leaves you lots of time to think.

Feedback Appreciated

Regards
Gaz

Post #465604 Wed Jun 24 2015 7:36pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

Heated steering wheel is something I could not be without.

Post #465606 Wed Jun 24 2015 7:56pm
Fletcher

England 

If it's a keeper you need to get it right , everything you think you might need/want . If your going to change it next year then buy it as it is and add on the bits next time you miss .
As for colours have a drive around a few dealers to make your mind up when you can see the colours in the flesh.
Good luck.

Post #465607 Wed Jun 24 2015 8:08pm
Mr Singh

For me personally, the white don't cut it on such a big car. I'd go for a darker colour. And heated steering wheel sounds like a good option for only £175. Full size spare wheel and larger washer bottle good additions too.

Post #465634 Wed Jun 24 2015 10:15pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

- I would reconsider 7 seats unless you already realise how little leg room 3rd row has and it isn't an issue for you.
- I also don't see much benefit in soft close doors - my kids can easily close the doors on my current one and RRS2 is lighter.
- Grand black wood looks much better than any other finishers IMHO but I didn't order it because someone here reported it scratches very easily. If that's the case, it will soon start to look worse than dark engine turned grey.
- HUD displays more than just current speed. It shows next sat nav instruction and if you have traffic sign recognition, it shows that too. Could be quite useful but I didn't order because I had to draw the line somewhere Neutral
- Consider mounting iPads or other tablets for kids. Not as clean as factory fitted RSE but more versatile.
- I find remote park heating quite useful, worth a thought.

Doesn't Autobiography include heated steering wheel as standard? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #465638 Wed Jun 24 2015 11:07pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

HUD is great, IMHO. Much easier to keep at or below the speed limit, particularly if you have traffic sign recognition. And as said, the sat nav display on this is useful too.

Soft door close could and should be much better.

Extra large (second) washer bottle?

Full size spare (or is this not possible with 7 seats)?

My previous 3 Sports have had RSE. Hardly ever used. iPad holders and WiFi hotspot might by a better choice. 

Post #465641 Wed Jun 24 2015 11:13pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Add twin-blade sunvisors too the list. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #465642 Wed Jun 24 2015 11:18pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

God no. To use a sun visor means someone has to put their sticky paws on it, and apply a force meaning their dirty/cosmetic-ridden/greasy fingers press into the pristine visor. Not in my car! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Post #465647 Thu Jun 25 2015 12:13am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

For what it is worth my kids have had massive use from our current rear entertainment system. I guess it depends on their age and wherher they have their own iPads etc.

Post #465656 Thu Jun 25 2015 7:54am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your input.

DRDILL - I have seen your car in the pics it looks great when I look online at cars for sale the camera doesn't make the two whites look any different.

As Fuji is common I assume you have seen both and I wounded which is the brighter white or the more crisp write ?

philmw - Full Size bottle I have speced, full size spare not possible with 7 seats. HUD is tempting me although I wont use much sat nav unless going on holidays and don't have the speed sign recognition as i don't travel to far normally.

fkarim - 7 Seats option sadly is a must to take the kids and grand parents out with us i think they are worth £1600 just for the convenience of if and when they might be used with kids and there friends etc it adds flexibility.

Grand black wood i think im going to add hopefully it will not scratch to easily with kids feet. Only concern was making the cabin to dark with the ebony / Lunar combo.

Remote park heating i guess this is only something you wish you had when you remember the cold mornings.

Decisions decisions....

Post #465680 Thu Jun 25 2015 1:04pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

Fuji is the bright crisp white but is flat paint.

Yulong is pearl metallic and is more silvery, like smoke.

As specing AB, why not go for the opening roof as opposed to the fixed, no cost difference....? MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #465681 Thu Jun 25 2015 1:15pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:

In the sunshine the yulong has that little bit of sparkle and as I had a solid white range rover before this is for me that little bit more special and as yet I have not seen another on the road. Its seems very white to me, and with the roof in the same colour it looks even better.
I also have a powered pano roof which again is fantastic and used all the time currently

Im really tempted to go with yulong now.

On the pan roof I went with fixed as didn't think I would use the power one never have in other cars and the fixed is then a full glass panel without the section running across the middle.

Post #465750 Thu Jun 25 2015 9:59pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Anyone know how true it is that Jaguar Glacier White is the same as Yulong White ?

Link I found on another forum from google images http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=181

Post #465756 Thu Jun 25 2015 10:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1