RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Did your dealer throw in any freebies when car bought new?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Hobster

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Paid full price (+SVO extra) for the SVR, and was happy to do so. Indeed ordered before prices were mentioned and didn't know whether it was going to be 100k or 200k.

Dealer gave me a box set of CDs, a USB stick containing photographs they had taken, and Land Rover tyre valve covers. And scratches/swirl marks on every panel, which they now won't fix after having the car for over two weeks in fear of making them worse.

Still, some **** keyed the car along its length whilst rightly parked in a disabled space yesterday, so it's not only the dealership who are against me.

So sorry to hear that fella, that's horrible. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #465307 Sun Jun 21 2015 7:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I got no discount but then I didn't wait either. I decided to change my Evoque around the 17th March, called Grange Garage and asked what they could do and was told that there was along lead in time BUT depending on the colour I wanted they might bea ble to get me one in a week! First Jeremy offered a Santorinni HSE Dynamic knowing I won't buy black cars and then I mentioned Corris Grey and he told me that he his other car for build two days later was Corris and the spec was fixed and would be mine if I wanted it. I did the business there and then. I had to do some re-arranging of appointments for the end of March in London to pick the car up, including cancelling a non-refundable flight to drive the Evoque south. I made accommodation arrangements but the day the car was delivered to Grange I was told that I needn't worry about a hotel as I was booked to do the Luton Hoo LRE halfday course on the Saturday morning before collecting the RRS after lunch, with the night before in the Luton Hoo House Hotel, which was very very nice. So from saying I wanted to change to being in a shiny new RRS was just a fortnight and I'm very happy with the price paid as I couldn't wait to get rid of the Evoque............ they are great cars but mine was either a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning one and dogged with gremlins after a gearbox software upgrade was made.
I have to say that I have had brilliant sales from both Lookers Park Royal and Hadley Green/ Grange Garage I have had some great deals on new and nearly new cars bought from both outlets although both my 1st Evoque and the RRS2 were full price sales and dealing with them both was well worth the haul south from Central Scotland. My local dealership in Stirling are also excellent but I haven't bought a car from them since 2005 when I found better deals easier to get in the London area. I cannot fault them on the service and reapir front though, they are very good. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #465309 Sun Jun 21 2015 7:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Tim, what date and time did you collect your RRS2? I couldn't get an appointment to value my current car and discuss upgrade at Grange at my preferred time due to a handover and reading the dates in your post, I am getting a feeling it could have been you! 28th March ... I wanted 1 or 2pm but got 4 or 4:30pm. Also depends on who you were dealing with so unlikely coincidence but still curious.

I have also had great service at both the dealers mentioned above. Went with Grange in the end as they offered a slightly better deal overall, making it worth travelling the few extra miles than a bit more local LPR. Current car was also supplied by Grange (Hadley Green at the time). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #465323 Sun Jun 21 2015 8:54pm
JB72

Sweden 

Maybe not relevant, as my experience relates to Sweden and our list prices are a lot higher than UK. However I got a 8% discount on the list price when I placed an order for a MY2015 in April 2014. In addition dealer honored the 2014 price list as the 2015 was not published when I placed the order. Took delivery in December 2015. 2015 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6, Corris Grey

Post #465329 Sun Jun 21 2015 10:35pm
TSLJon

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

philmw wrote:
Paid full price (+SVO extra) for the SVR, and was happy to do so. Indeed ordered before prices were mentioned and didn't know whether it was going to be 100k or 200k.

Dealer gave me a box set of CDs, a USB stick containing photographs they had taken, and Land Rover tyre valve covers. And scratches/swirl marks on every panel, which they now won't fix after having the car for over two weeks in fear of making them worse.

Still, some **** keyed the car along its length whilst rightly parked in a disabled space yesterday, so it's not only the dealership who are against me.

Insist your car goes to a detailer at their cost. What I did with my car and all sorted and looks like wet glass now. Stunning. Around £450 and they do it properly rather than just buffing it with a machine polisher. 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE
2013 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE 8 Speed

Post #465339 Mon Jun 22 2015 8:12am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I have a quote from one of only three people I have ever trusted to detail a car (and one of those is me) so will see where this goes. 

Post #465342 Mon Jun 22 2015 8:52am
sally

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:

Thats terrible news. Will it need a respray? Stuff like this really makes me angry, and its not even my car. I cant imagine how you feel. Where there any cameras around what might have it on cctv? 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #465364 Mon Jun 22 2015 1:49pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

No, it'll polish out but does mean the clear-coat will be necessarily thiner on that side. 

Post #465377 Mon Jun 22 2015 3:28pm
never ready

United Kingdom 

I got no discount on a 81K RRS2 but the salesman looked over the moon to give me a free umbrella at the handover (nice gesture but I have a dislike for branded merchandise).
What was good for me was the trade in value they gave me for my X5, far more than what BMW offered me, and they stilled honoured the value after the 6 month wait and the extra 8K I put on the clock.

Post #465427 Mon Jun 22 2015 10:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12