Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Interior Mood Lighting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Buzz

United Kingdom 
Interior Mood Lighting

I've not quite hit the buy it now button

And there is shortly a HSE Dynamic coming into my local dealer ?

So I have another annoying question.

On the standard features under Interior it states mood lighting.
On the build site on the same LR web site it says customer configurable interior mood lighting ?

I take it that means you can change the colours? Where or if they shine etc, does the basic one have the strips fitted even ? If so are they in the same place etc etc.
Sorry to be a pain, it's just that my son 10 Yrs is convinced that the touchscreen in every car is his and that he should have greasy crispy finger marks all over it.

We had a FFRR over Xmas last year when the Disco went in for a service and he kinda became obsessed with the lighting effect ?

Thanks All Thumbs Up

Post #463059 Wed May 27 2015 10:54pm
Carlo

Was going to add this to a hse I ordered but dealer played up and bought a six month old ab where it's standard,
My wife has a mini with about 25 interior LEDs that cycle through colours when you open door and settle at your personal setting,
The ab?
Six in total, four under big central arm rest, two behind gear stick in that little cubby hole,
Look ok at night changes to red automatically when selecting dynamic programme but worth £200 ? Not so sure
Door handels inside and footwells get white light only unless I've missed a button somewhere.

Post #463078 Thu May 28 2015 9:20am
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

To be honest I have this and never use it, as mentioned when in Dynamic your preference is overridden in favour of red. Its a nice gimmick and you might use it the first few times you use the car...beyond that I wouldn't spec it Smile 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #463079 Thu May 28 2015 9:21am
Buzz

United Kingdom 

Thanks, so that's in the configurable cost option, what does the Dynamic come with ? Same amount of strips etc and less colours or are there no under arm rests and door handles etc, if some one has one without the cost option ?

I could go demo one I suppose ? But as it's daylight till 10 at night I might be missing a trick.

Thanks for the advice so far,

Post #463080 Thu May 28 2015 9:30am
Carlo

To be fair, have a look at a second hand ab, tons of extra kit and not necessarily an extra lots of £,
But accept not an individual order, but the upgraded stereo is out of this world!!

Post #463229 Fri May 29 2015 11:49pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think the problem with the mood lighting is that unless you are driving along a road with no street lighting alone, light from the outside - daylight, light from other cars, light from street lighting - swamps the light from inside. So while I quite like the effect in the door recesses and centre console, it's not really that visible. It came with my car as standard and is miles better than the equivalent option in a 911 but on balance, I wouldn't bother.

The stereo is a different matter. The basic stereo in the HSE is by all accounts pants, the first Meridian upgrade is well worthwhile and the top of the line Meridian option is the best I have ever heard in a car. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #463426 Mon Jun 01 2015 11:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1